fishing the mincio river in lake garda,italy

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Heading to lake garda next week lads and im bringing tele rod and reel with a bit of tackle also. Just wondering has anyone fished the mincio river that flows out of lake garda at pescheria. I was there in may and noticed alot pf lads carp fishing but to be honest i never fished for them before. So if anyone could give us any type of info that would be great

Re: fishing the mincio river in lake garda,italy

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Went there on hols and gave carp a go. Their is a tackle shop near the bridge you go over to get to peishceara went in there and they wer very helpful i float fished mais pellets in between the boats its gr8 fun u can c the fish taking the pellets got fish up to 5lb gr8 scrap on light gear
Early mornin and evening seem to be best times try in between the boats and under bridges good luck :D

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks mate I will give it a go, do you need your bait a certain distance from your float?

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:31 am

You will see the fish and they feed off all kinds of things on the surface and Just below in early mornin during the heat of the day (40oc when i was der ) they go down deeper so i had it around 4 foot below

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Just a quick update lads. Had absolutely brilliant fishing throughout the week. Species caught were bass, bream, dace,perch and a whopper chub. Plenty of fish and.the local anglers were really helpfull. Only downside was the relentless midgeys but far out weighed by the fishing and beauty of the place...recommend to all :mrgreen:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm

SKIP wrote:Just a quick update lads. Had absolutely brilliant fishing throughout the week. Species caught were Bass, bream, dace,perch and a whopper chub. Plenty of fish and.the local anglers were really helpfull. Only downside was the relentless midgeys but far out weighed by the fishing and beauty of the place...recommend to all :mrgreen:

any pics.. ?? :!: