New Zealand Auckland Gulf Harbour

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm

1 in 4 People own a boat in Auckland, Fishing is as natural as breathing to the New Zealander's. Bait is Sold in supermarkets/Petrol stations and local shops with all sorts of tackle!I thought Rugby was thier main thing not by a country mile.

From the get go i was buzzing to get out and get some of there beautiful fish!snapper and kingfish to stingrays John dory,s and god knows what else!

With travelling around with the girlfriend on the cheap.buying a setup was out of the question (i mean travelling on the minimal here) So i said to myself i would have to get out on a boat at least once while i was here.After visiting the local boat club and asking just about anyone i could would they bring me out i finally got a struck of fortune at the turn of the new year!

Went out from Gulf Harbour with a very friendly kiwi,whose wife was afer cancelling at the last minute "Thank you God" A rod and reel and buckets of bait!i had 12 snapper only one was a keeper, and the magical john dory (which grunted like a pig perhaps the strangest catch of my life)

He doubled over the rod with 2 ferocious whacks?That was it i thought i hauling up a lump of weed,there wasn,t a twitch on the other end of the line.I literally had a heart attack when he broke surface :D :D :D happy days Ian got the Net out quickly this time :) !17inchs head to tail!What a unusual fish!

Delighted i Got The Oppourtunity to go out!if i didnt id always have regretted it!Thank you Fishing Gods :P A great experience..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fishy1987 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New Zealand Auckland Gulf Harbour

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:50 pm

More Pics!5 species which were snapper,John Dory,Kahawai,parrot fish?,and Blue Cod!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:10 pm

an addict will always get his fish i mean fix :lol: nice mix of fish love the dory cool pics well done 8)

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Spot the Chaps who looked very Asleeps to me on thier rib:shock: Waiting for A Kingy !

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Thats the job Fishy great stuff 8)

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 am

Looks incredible .Hope to get there next year for a break.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 am

Preston wrote:Looks incredible .Hope to get there next year for a break.

We,ll Talk Norway always had a certain appeal to me lol.Unfortunately I only had 1 Keeper among the 12 snapper!Beautiful fish and good sport on the very light setup!there limits are 330millimetres as far as i know!I did hook into a very good Kahawai but the net wasn,t out quick enough
:x

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:12 pm

some lovely lookin fish there fishy, great stuff
that john dory is a cracker 8) 8)

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:21 pm

27cm is the minimum size for snapper in the Auckland area- hope you didn't throw away any keepers!
Class fishing well done bro