Shore angling holiday abroad help?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 am

Howdy.

As it says on the tin basically. I'm looking for help, hints, tips reviews, suggestion, ideas and advice from better travelled anglers than myself. Getting a little fed up of dabs, flounder and pin whiting fishing.

I have promised myself and my father a fishing holiday next year, April maybe. I have been looking at Iceland and Norway and in terms of shore angling have found information limited. www.dreamfish.is in Iceland and www.skarnsundet.com in norway seem to be the main shore related services. Any help would be appreciated.

Hooker

Re: Shore angling holiday abroad help?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:36 am

These guys will help you out with the whole trip.

http://www.sveggvika.com/index.php?page=3

Another good spot in Norway:

http://dintur.no/Holiday-in-Norway/Frov ... -Havfiske/

Hope that gives you some idea :)

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:57 pm

I have been to Iceland twice with Steve Mason and deramfish.
I would highly recommend it .
Every thing was brillant he picked us up at the airport organised our digs
Supplied century rods weights etc. I hope to get back there again
We got on so well with him that he came over Ireland twice for a weeks fishing

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Thanks for the replies lads.

MarkoC;

They both look good, I take it you have used these in the past? If so did you shore fish? They look to me to be mainly boat based. Not an issue as I own a small boat with my dad, but would just prefer shore based trip.

TheKing;

I haven't come across one bad word online about Steve or dreamfish, it's all positive. If i may ask a couple of question of you seen as you have been there twice.

Getting there, how did you travel? Via London is looking like the most likely option as the Belfast route will not start till next summer.

What time of year did you travel?

Was it resonable in terms of food and maybe a few beers there? I've heard Norway is a little tastey on prices?

Was it worth it/ live up to expectations for you?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 am

Yes we went from cork to london and then on to iceland
it was in april that we went the first time we went it was expensive.
But then there economy went burst so the second time was very reasonable.
it was well worth it steve mason let us fish until whatever time we wanted did not go to many pubs as the nightlife does not start until very late out there .
we had cod to double figures lots around the six pound mark dabs to two pound whiting coalies (spinning) wolffish hoddock plaice .

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:55 am

Guinea Bissau has the best fishing in the world.

Have a look at Boroughseaangling.com

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 am

Not many of those fish look shore caught? And I would qualify for the club under residency rule I reckon, workin on pottery rd,

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:19 am

Last year they had a shore competition there. It might be worth checking if he will do the same this year. Google world sport fishing