PORTO RICO

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Heading over for a week in december and wana get out on one of the boats hopefully catch some big ones !!!

Has anyone been on any of these boats and could give me some advice

Re: PORTO RICO

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 am

As in the resort or the country?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:23 am

was there this summer if ur talkin bout the canarie islands, didnt go on a fishing trip but saw the boats down there and you can go out for blue marlin i really wanted ta go but was there with the missus :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: so cudnt go think it was really cheap aswell only round 40 for like 4r5 hrs out everything supplyed................post up flicks if you go!!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:43 am

Been on the blue marlin years ago. Caught a glut of spurdogs but I didnt like it at all. We wernt even allowed to lift the rods, the skipper wouldnt let you lift them out of the rod holders. Sorry what?! So yeah cant recommend them to be honest! There was a brilliant boat there called Catfish but dont know if they are there any more? It was on the marina rather than the pier opposite the beach. The marina has the better quality boats as the pier was quite touristy, in a bad way.

Also take a rod for off the piers, lost a stingray off there a few years back ;)

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Was in Puerto Rico (Canaries) last December, went down to Marina and went out on a boat called White Marlin. €60 for 6 hours.
Wasn't hectic fishing, caught Snapper, A smallish Atlantic Tuna, and eels (forget their name).
There was three or four boats working out of the marina in Puerto Rico.

edit website : http://www.white-marlin.com/

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:06 pm

First thing is that the boats are good but they are mainly aimed at tourists. So they do not take the job too seriously. The price is also reasonable. They will take you out and anchor up. On the boat that I was on we had 3 small stingray and what they called bluefish. However, these were not bluefish as I know them. They looked like a big puffer fish and had big teeth like a butter fish. Nothing hectic was caught on the boat but it was a day out.

I think that it is very unlikely that there will be any marlin or big tuna around. Marlin are mainly caught in August/ September. There might be bonito or wahoo but am not sure.

I think that for a serious days angling a group of anglers would have to have everything organised well in advance and make it clear that they were serious. However, to fish for marlin or tuna you could expect to pay up to €250 each for a days fishing.