Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 pm

People: myself and the son

Duration: various sessions

Tide: rising tides

Weather: changeable

Bait: lugworm

Rigs: sliders

Results: sea bream, gilt-head bream, wrasse and bass, ohh and 1 pout

Report: fished the Morlaix and Penze estuaries a few times over our two week stay. No large fish to report; but did add 4 species to this years tally. All fish were caught on lugworm which were dug locally in the estuary. The first week the tides were not favourable, but as they picked up the fishing got better.

Re: Brittany , Morlaix and Penze estuaries

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm just back from Perros-Guirac/Lannion near Morlaix...family holiday so no fishing...beautiful place...spotless. Well done on the fishing...next year I might bring some gear !!!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Nice one pad fair play glad ya got a few fish
A smoothy session is on the cards for when ya get back :wink:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:00 pm

cheers lads, I had the family with me as-well, but I sneaked in a good few 3 hour sessions WITH THE KIND PERMISSION OF HER INDOORS,,did some1 say smoothie session,,,,,,,,,,I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Brittany , Morlaix and Penze estuaries photos

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:21 pm

brittany bream 002 (640x480).jpg
brittany bass 004 (640x480).jpg
brittany bass 010 (640x480).jpg
brittany holidays 025 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
brittany holidays 022 (640x480).jpg
some pics from brittany

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Nice fishing. We're in Brittany atm too, near Nevez on the south coast.

So far I've had 1 pouting, one mullet :-) and a strap conger.

I'm hoing to get out after the bream & bass when the tides are "better" next week. Its a "family" holiday so my fishing is limited to 2 hours each morning (when I'm able to get up in time) before breakfast.

I saw one nice bream caught last week off Trevignon pier. I don't know how close that is to you.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Nice fishing. We're in Brittany atm too, near Nevez on the south coast.

I'm hoing to get out after the bream & bass when the tides are "better" next week. Its a "family" holiday so my fishing is limited to 2 hours each morning (when I'm able to get up in time) before breakfast.

I saw one nice bream caught last week off Trevignon pier. I don't know how close that is to you.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:57 am

nobuzz wrote:Nice fishing. We're in Brittany atm too, near Nevez on the south coast.

I'm hoing to get out after the bream & Bass when the tides are "better" next week. Its a "family" holiday so my fishing is limited to 2 hours each morning (when I'm able to get up in time) before breakfast.

We were staying on the Nth coast of Brittany no too far from Roscoff, but as far as I can make out the fishing is better on the Sth coast. Have a look using Google earth,there looks to be plenty of estuaries down on the Sth. Both the estuaries I fished are fairly shallow but it didn't seem to stop the fish coming in. All fish were caught on locally dug lug-worm on a rising tide (none of the venues I fished produced on neaps); but ya might have some success using poppers of spinners from any rock mark at the mouth of the estuaries. If ya do fish an estuary; fishing the main channel at low water and working your way back in, or try find a mark that will give you access to the main channel at high water.

hope this helps

enjoy the rest of your hols

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:35 pm

I've got my eye on a couple of spots that look bassy. I'll let u know how I get on. I've 4 target species. Mullet, bass, bream & garfish. I've already got my mullet so just 3 to go.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:53 am

If ya get out on a boat ya could probably add Maigre (meagre) to your species list. We stayed in the Loire valley area a couple of years back and we went out on a boat makkie fishing and i had a tussle with 2 of em. the mackerel feathers and mackerel were just devoured, when I put heavier gear on and a live mackerel, the skipper moved us off the mark; conservation I suppose.