Gran Canaria

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Off to Gran Canaria next week. I'm already booked in for two days fishing with the Dorado. Was wondering if anyone had any info on cheaper charters in the area?

Re: Gran Canaria

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Try Jan Baes he runs the hola hola bar in Puerto Mogan he also has a marlin boat " billfish fever 3" worth a try

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

i would nt fish the dorado guess your only goin with them due to the records pics etc etc , its no good the boat beside it the white striker is the best of the lot ive gone out on that about 120 times have a place there , skippers name francesco and booking guys name is klaus i have his mob number if you want it, free beer all day with fran only cans now but still, and there lovely guys where as the guys on the darado are horrible you sit ther like a knob and they do everything for ye as fran once he knows you know your stuff lets you do your own bait etc

Caught a 190lb stingray there at x mas i can e mail ye photos of fish caught on his boat i caught in the last year

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am

Try the BLUE MARLIN 3,, out of PORTO RICO, will only take 4 on board for the Marlin and give you 3 Rods each ,, he also does reef and uses very light gear like 12lb rods great sport ,, for the MARLIN he charges 120 each.. its expensive i know,, others are taking up to 8 or 10 for 65 ,which means ur lucky to get a rod,, There are 6 boats working out of Porto Rico so big choice,just walk on to the Marina and they all have a booking kiosk. Hope this helps and best of luck with your trip :D

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks guys, all great information there. Getting excited now.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:59 am

Unfortunately the fish died behind the boat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Wow, good man , gone fishing for them every year with the white striker and have not got luck since, what boat was it caught on , were you on the boat when it was caught. what other fish were caught.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Yeah, angling report please!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Still travelling folks. Will give proper catch report at the weekend.