Re: furoyfishingcamp norway april 2011

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Whoppers 8) 8) great stuff

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Whopper trip, whopper report and whopper pics. Nice stuff Al great to read that report.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:36 pm

what a trip lads one word comes to mind JEALOUS :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Epic report Al, well worth the wait :wink: ,,,and we've all been waiting :lol: . What a beautiful place,and 4lb cod at the end of the jetty :shock: . Plenty of info for those interested in a trip to Norway, well done. My whole crew here at home were awestruck by the video :shock: . Hope all is well with you and maybe see you over the Summer, Dave :wink:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:15 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: jes; Al' now that has got to be the best report i've read yet on the site, fantastic stuff man!! bet you cant wait till 2012 to get back out there 8) 8)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:21 pm

awesome fishing lads and brilliant report al. well done mate.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Super report, photos & video Al 8) some fine fish there :mrgreen: well done lads

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 am

saving private brian wrote:absolute class,,love them reports on norway trips,,,,have to do this myself sometime,,the size of them monsters :mrgreen:

cheers brian, we can't wait to get back again. roll on july 2012 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Stan wrote:Fantastic report and wonderful fishing. Well done. Think I'll have to plan a trip to Norway in the future!!

cheers stan. it was pretty quiet by the camps normal standards. so i can't wait to see what a summer trip there will throw up :P

mitch wrote:great report al its a pity the weather didn't play ball ,still some belters of fish all the same and well
worth the trip 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

definetly was mitch. and when we go back there will be 20 hours of daylight, so we can get a hell of a lot more fishing done :D

razor2 wrote:Whoppers 8) 8) great stuff

thanks man :)

dfella25 wrote:Whopper trip, whopper report and whopper pics. Nice stuff Al great to read that report.

thanks man. just took a while to get up. soo many pics to resize :lol:

JOHN1 wrote:what a trip lads one word comes to mind JEALOUS :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

eyesreilly wrote:Epic report Al, well worth the wait :wink: ,,,and we've all been waiting :lol: . What a beautiful place,and 4lb cod at the end of the jetty :shock: . Plenty of info for those interested in a trip to Norway, well done. My whole crew here at home were awestruck by the video :shock: . Hope all is well with you and maybe see you over the Summer, Dave :wink:

thanks dave. it was great man. and having fresh fish for dinner every day was brilliant :) still just getting out as and when we can. dad's chemo is'nt gonna be done until the end of august so we've not been straying too far from home. but when jordan finishes school next week. we can hopefully get out a bit more. after all, we still have smoothies to tick off on the 2012 species list yet :wink: :wink: :D

fishermannum1 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: jes; Al' now that has got to be the best report i've read yet on the site, fantastic stuff man!! bet you cant wait till 2012 to get back out there 8) 8)

thanks don. jordan is busting to get out there. i figure if i put away £30 a week from now until next july the trip will be paid for :wink: . not so bad when you think about it like that :P

round_ourway wrote:awesome fishing lads and brilliant report al. well done mate.

thanks stevie. it was something else man :D :D

FisherKing wrote:Super report, photos & video Al 8) some fine fish there :mrgreen: well done lads

cheers brian. i'd take norway over tenerife or ibiza any day for a holiday lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

Al and Jordan wrote:yet more pics

Brilliant report Al! i woke up in such a good mood until i saw the pic of u standing with that beast of a cod..lol iwantoneofthose.com..lol
did u not bring the we lad mate? it looks very cold out there

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

hi dan. jordan had to miss this one. it was during school term, so he was'nt too impressed :lol: :lol: :lol: that's why we are booking next years trip out there for july. if i did'nt bring him on that one he'd file all the points off my hooks while i was sleeping or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

:lol: :lol: you,d be lucky if thats all he did al :twisted: great report and pictures :wink:
i can see you getting frequent flyer points over the next few years :lol:
i have a slammer liveliner myself al they are amazing reels that just dont seem to inspire beach anglers i think they look at the size of them and just dismiss them as too small :lol: if only they knew :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Just caught the report Al, had been wondering about it, when you mentioned the trip when we last met. Sounds an amazing trip despite the conditions being against you. I love the markings on the big coalies, very striking, and there are no words to describe that big cod. well done to all concerned.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 am

roger de dodger wrote::lol: :lol: you,d be lucky if thats all he did al :twisted: great report and pictures :wink:
i can see you getting frequent flyer points over the next few years :lol:
i have a slammer liveliner myself al they are amazing reels that just dont seem to inspire beach anglers i think they look at the size of them and just dismiss them as too small :lol: if only they knew :mrgreen:

:shock: i dread to think what sabotage jordan would do to my gear if he got left behind on a norway trip again :lol: :lol: . i was really impressed with the penn 760 slammer. good solid cast metal construction and smoothe as you like :P . i did look at the liveliner before i bought the 2 slammers. but decided just to stick to the basic design of the slammer as i'm always looking for what could go wrong with a reel and i have a simplistic outlook on it. with the liveliner there is the baitrunner and an anti reverse. so more places for sand to penetrate the reel housing and get into the inner moving parts of the reel. but the slammer has no anti reverse and is a really well sealed unit :P :P hopefully giving it a longer working life. but now that i've been using one for a while i might just get the liveliner for species such as smoothies, tope and pike where the baitrunner would be excellently suited. added to that if i get a few more and they ever break. i'll have plenty of compatable spare parts to frankenstien a fix from :wink: :D :D :D

Der Baron wrote:Just caught the report Al, had been wondering about it, when you mentioned the trip when we last met. Sounds an amazing trip despite the conditions being against you. I love the markings on the big coalies, very striking, and there are no words to describe that big cod. well done to all concerned.

cheers paul. sadly you just have to accecpt what the weather is gonna throw at you when planning a trip months in advance :roll: but sure it would'nt be on of my trips if there was'nt something going wrong lol :lol: :lol: really odd thow fishing in -5 conditions surrounded by snow and getting a sun tan at the same time :? :? :shock:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Awesome fishing. All your conditioning training, fishing here in the midst of one of the coldest winters in 20 years stood you in good stead Al. Well done despite the harsh weather!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:57 am

brillliant Al, fantastic report, it was just like being there with yees. each and every photo greatly appreciated!
pity the weather was crap a lot of the time (maybe thats why you got it at such a good price then.. :P ) and unfortunately the fishing didnt seem to particularly make up for it either as such.. well, apart from that feckin cod!!! some head at it :lol: would have been nice to see some big halibut..?
jees that accommodation/jetty looks like heaven. and 20 hours a day fishin in July...... :mrgreen: 8) claaaass -i see that they have added plenty of your photos to the Photos section of their website. cool.
serious place. SERIOUS fishing. i cant wait to win the lotto.
thoroughly enjoyable read mate
Last edited by chuckaroo on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Al,

Brillant report and the video is something else .............. What happens with all the fish (it might be a stupid question but ..... I can't imagine they get released if the are coming up from those depths)???

Your arms/back must be broken by the end of the week or do you have to go into weight training months in advance???

So many questions............ If conger doesn't stop lying about his age, we'll never get there for his 40th :roll: :roll: :roll: At this rate his son will be 40 before he will :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cheers
Brian

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi Al, Great report, videos and pictures. Has to be some crack to be catching fish like that :shock: :D Couldn't stop laughing at the reaction when the fish reached the surface, thought your man was going go over the back of the boat, i could feel the shoulders and muscles aching

Bassmania wrote:Al,

Brillant report and the video is something else .............. What happens with all the fish (it might be a stupid question but ..... I can't imagine they get released if the are coming up from those depths)???

Your arms/back must be broken by the end of the week or do you have to go into weight training months in advance???

So many questions............ If conger doesn't stop lying about his age, we'll never get there for his 40th :roll: :roll: :roll: At this rate his son will be 40 before he will :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cheers
Brian

Al you will have to forgive the poor child above, he still doesn't accept that i am a kinda youngish thirty something
:D :D have to keep him guessing or maybe i actually have to face up to aging :shock: :D I think after seeing the video the weight training is a defo :shock: :D

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:00 am

Al did anyone try the Torsk thingies look they are a close relative of the Ling, (cod family) and what about the Wolf fish, are they as nice to eat as the Norwegians claim! Very interested to know?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 am

FISHYFINGERS wrote:Awesome fishing. All your conditioning training, fishing here in the midst of one of the coldest winters in 20 years stood you in good stead Al. Well done despite the harsh weather!

:lol: :lol: :lol: cheers man. we were well conditioned :wink: :lol:

chuckaroo wrote:brillliant Al, fantastic report, it was just like being there with yees. each and every photo greatly appreciated!
pity the weather was crap a lot of the time (maybe thats why you got it at such a good price then.. :P ) and unfortunately the fishing didnt seem to particularly make up for it either as such.. well, apart from that feckin cod!!! some head at it :lol: would have been nice to see some big halibut..?
jees that accommodation/jetty looks like heaven. and 20 hours a day fishin in July...... :mrgreen: 8) claaaass -i see that they have added plenty of your photos to the Photos section of their website. cool.
serious place. SERIOUS fishing. i cant wait to win the lotto.
thoroughly enjoyable read mate

thanks charlie. we got it so cheap because we booked all the flights ourselves and avoided tour operators and trave agents. if we had have gone through the agents the camp uses it would have been about another £300 per person just for them to organize flights :shock: :shock: . far better to do it yourself :wink: . sadly we did'nt get any big halibut when we were there, but if you look at the camp's website there have been some belters caught recently :o :o . but not to worry, they'll be there next year waiting for us :wink: :P i never got to try the wolfish, but the torsk was lovely, somewhere between cod and ling in taste and texture. well nice fried in breadcrumb :mrgreen:

Bassmania wrote:Al,
Cheers
Brian

thanks brian. we got a good work out during that week alright :lol: , sore wrists and forearms were the order of the week. jigging at those kind of depths certinly put us and the tackle to the test. as for the fish, most of them came back to the camp unless they were small or the swim bladders were stuffed. 7 very hungry belfast lads made short work of all those fillets. we even had to go out and get another few kilo of breadcrumb during the week to satisify our taste for fresh fish. all the lads on the trip were very fond of a bit of fresh fish :mrgreen:

Conger wrote:Hi Al, Great report, videos and pictures. Has to be some crack to be catching fish like that :shock: :D Couldn't stop laughing at the reaction when the fish reached the surface, thought your man was going go over the back of the boat, i could feel the shoulders and muscles aching
Al you will have to forgive the poor child above, he still doesn't accept that i am a kinda youngish thirty something
:D :D have to keep him guessing or maybe i actually have to face up to aging :shock: :D I think after seeing the video the weight training is a defo :shock: :D

:lol: :lol: we were laughing our socks off at the vid too. nothing like a big cod to turn a group of grown men into a bunch of giggling idiots :lol: :lol: :lol:

Der Baron wrote:Al did anyone try the Torsk thingies look they are a close relative of the Ling, (cod family) and what about the Wolf fish, are they as nice to eat as the Norwegians claim! Very interested to know?

torsk was lovely paul. somewhere between cod and ling. sadly i never got to taste a bit of wolfish, but there's always next year :wink: . i was reading that even by norwegian standards the wolfish is now under quite a bit of commercial pressure and some implementations are being put in place to try to conserve them. so they must be tasty :P

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:23 pm

jesus them wolffish are ugly buggers :lol: , some report al i will never look at a youghal cod the same after reading that scenery is stunning aswell, oh some day 8)