anyone ever fish ayia napa?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 am

im heading here next wednesday for a mates wedding but whilst im there i would love to try a bit of boat fishing out there. i was in ayia nap 2 years ago with the missus but this time there will be near 70 of us out for the wedding so i can get sneaked off on a boat with a few friends.

i was wondering whether it was any use? i have heard people say the prices are a rip off and that the skippers rip you off taking you to places and catching nothing.

Re: anyone ever fish ayia napa?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi polmac from John ( Limavady ) currently in Yemen - whoever told you it was a rip off was doing you a fav ... been there got the T shirt but no fish - a rip off unless you want a bucket of sardines - save your money pal as Cyprus is not a cheap place .. however it,s a lovely place ..highly recommend a trip up through the Troudos Mountains ..take care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:06 pm

fished in lemba while in cyprus for a month, fishing was terrible lots of small shanny like things, i was targeting mullet and only managed to catch one. I also caught a decent bream. Lads over there fish for white bait,but it seemed like tiddler chasing to me. Was treated like a king when i caught the mullet by the locals and befriended a local restaraunter who i went night fishing with him a few times to no joy. On one occaision he told me his brother indulged in carnal relations with a ray!! I could almost here the deliverance sound track!! He also told me the charter boats are crap fishing with hand line for reef fish and such. The charter compaines will have plenty of photos of smiley heads posing with tuna and six gills but i think they are best to be avoided

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 pm

thanks for the heads up folks, think i will just avoid it and stick to drinking instead! :lol: