Seafishing Cuba

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi All,

Thinking of arranging a budget trip to Cuba next year. Has anybody been fishing in Cuba? If so if you have any tips, would appreciate any advice

I know there are lots of charters/guides available but wouldn't really be in my budget!

I was lucky enough to stumble accross salt flats in mexico and had a great time with the fly and bonefish. If anybody has any contacts for reasonable guides, would love to hear from you.

If not, I may go to Cuba anyway and drink rum and smoke fat cigars, rolled on the thighs - actually, won't complete that sentence!

Gavin

Re: Seafishing Cuba

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Would love to go to Cuba fishing, but having been to the Florida Keys two years ago it's hard to overlook here as an alternative destination. Everyone speaks English and the extra exposure means that it's far easier to find locations to fish / get on charters. Going again hopefully next May and am thinking of squeezing in Cuba but sounds like a lot of work and expense !

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:47 pm

go onto the world seafishing site and search fishing cuba, you'll find out anything you need to know, I went there 10 yrs ago to cayo coco landed in hotel at 2.30 and by 5pm after bumming a handful of shrimp from the kitchen I had caught 22 small bonefish off the beach !!! its beautiful and loads of fish.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks guys!

Hopefully will get out there and get some fishing done.

Tight Lines.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:03 pm

p .m . for some info m8 :D