kusadasi turkey

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm

second week of my holiday i managed a trip out on a charter just me and a turkish pe teacher and the skipper,bucket loads of fish, 4 to be exact :lol: we got about 8 different speices i took a few snaps most fish where small we used size 4 hooks on a flapper with fresh prawns for bait ,we got one fish like a gar fish it had some set of teeth on it :shock: most fish where kept for the pot they make a fish stew out of them ,i put back most of mine while the boys werent looking :lol: only kept the bigger stuff over 10 cm :lol: we used what i,d describe as yak rods solid glass and 4 foot long with fixed spools ,i got several bream red ones and what looked like small red snapper ,great to get out away from the pool,beach and bars, the transport to and from the marina was on the back of a moped ,no helmets and no rules with the footpath being used when the road got too busy :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: kusadasi turkey

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:23 pm

the fish with the teeth is a barracuda 8) nice to get out when your away :D

Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:06 pm

the fish with the teeth is a barracuda

Ya beat me to it, thought it looked like a barracude.

Nice to try some different fishing I'd say roger

Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:23 pm

well come back roger.now for some proper fishing :D

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:46 am

a baracuda :roll: now the penny drops :oops: with it being so small its body was quite round so i thought garfish :oops: .
yes gordy i will be wetting a line tonight on a beach close to home :mrgreen: it was hard to get to sleep last night without my 6 beers and 5 bacardi and cokes :)

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:18 am

well roger, i was over there in may, caught a few of them barracuda from the shore on the side of pigion island with shallow diving lures fished in kusadasi a good few times, the only time its been good was when i went over in november, they get there good fishing in the winter with loads of big bass and of bream around, i was getting some looks for throwing a couple of bream back myself, its a nice spot tho,