Cancun, Mexico

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:18 am

Went out on a charter on my hols, half day $140 job.

Really enjoyed it, very professional crew, knew what they were at, all we had to do was wait for our rods to get a hit! The party consisted of myself, 4 americans & a Russian guy (I thought the cold war was over, but evidently not in some of the yanks eyes :roll: )

Lad next to me got two runs from a dorado but lost both early into the fight, much slagging ensued from me, and the rest of the boat all got in on it, all good natured and great craic. I was next up as i got a cracking hit on my trolled needlefish, heavy gear due to the fact we were targetting Marlin but the fish put up a very good scrap, jumping 4 foot clear of the water several times. All I could hear was luck of the irish from the crew for the hole fisht. Landed him, a 50lb dorado. The skipper wanted to keep him so I had no problem with him going into the ice box.

I was happy to bake on the boat for the rest of the trip but only 3 more fish were landed, a dorado and 2 bonito tuna. One guy lost a huge Mahi mahi.

The dorado is a beautiful fish and changed from bright green and yellow in the water to blue & silver out. Great day and one I'll not forget in a hurry. Forgive the silly hat, but my irish head had been sunburnt the day previous and it was VERY hot!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cancun, Mexico

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:42 am

Nice fish Alby & congrats by the way:D

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am

Very Nice Alby,

I done a bit in Cancun myself a few years ago. Great destination. Good to see you got a professional crew. It can be hit an miss. It's a pity they didn't do some general bait fishing with you guys as well. The Bonito woud have done for about 1 hours bait. There is some good snapper and trigger fish to be had on bait.

Sound like you had a cracking holiday.

Kev

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Cheers lads, was a great trip, hit Vegas & ny too!

Kev,

we were given the option of going bait fishing but we fancied big game stuff instead!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Sweet :D thats a cracking fish congrats 8) 8)

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:35 pm

good fishin alby, and the missus let you off fishing eh? you got your self a good one there :D

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 am

Nice fish, congrats

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Alby married a fish :?: nice hat by the way :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 pm

lovely fish Alby. one of my favourites. i have caught so many of them :cry:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:22 pm

m.b3 wrote:lovely fish Alby. one of my favourites. i have caught so many of them :cry:

Yeah dollymount is full of them at the moment :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 pm

yes it's just the weed that's the problem...

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:43 pm

m.b3 wrote:yes it's just the weed that's the problem...

Get em on lug tipped with mak yea ?? :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:23 pm

massive fish alby 8) i see she put a braclet on you with your name address and phone no. in case you got lost :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:00 pm

some fish allright.heard they fight well..fair play alby

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 am

Lovely fish, amazing colours when they are fresh out of the water. I hope you ventured to coco bongo's..

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16 am

fished there some years ago but in the 'lagoon' at the back of akk the hotels. Found a brilliant guide with the greta name of Rodman P Hunter who would only take you out if he liked you and if you did not want to kill any fish. First session was from 5- 9pm. Came in about 2am after catching tarpon to 30lbs, snappers, rays and a bass like fish whose name I have forgot. Had two more trips with him and the fishing just got better, all light line stuff and with plenty of 'baby' tarpon to be caught on both lures and baits it was unforgettable.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Great fish Alby! he'd be a counter yeah? :wink: Congrats

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:05 pm

beautiful!