target fish in ibiza!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:28 am

hi,
im not new on here bout i havnt logged on in a while due to the fact that my last e mail has become inactive.. it was a work email.. work. slack at the moment!

Anyway.. im going on holiday in a few wks to ibiza.. id love to do some fishing over there. im hoping to go on a boat trip and do a bit of propper angling.. i havnt done this in the med before.. i wondering if it works the same way as here.. i.e. go fishing for mackerel or some bait fish first.. them go anchor up and stick one of them on a bigger hook and wait for a bigger fish to come try and eat it..

I'm wondering what species to target/ ask the boat owner to look for and also what bait to catch first?

At the very least im hoping to bring a little telescopic or travel rod and maybe doing a bit of spinning/plugging.. aswell for this task ill need to know what to target and how to do so.

any help greately appreciated!

Re: target fish in ibiza!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:17 am

fishing would be the last thing i would be thinking of in ibiza :lol:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:41 pm

carl craig, hotchip at space opening party on sunday night..sven vath and ricardo villolobos at cocoon amnesia on mon night..
yeah maybe fishing is a bit pie in the sky..

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:36 am

going to ibiza myself this fri. dont do any both fishing but do fish from the shore i stay in st. eualia and ther are 2 tackle shops that sell 2 types of sea worms. the shore fishing is ok lots of colourful fish, myself i have a 12 ft carp rod that is in 6 sections and comes with a hard tube. it fits into my case, very handy, last year i saw a local catch a silver bream of at least 4 to 5 lb from a beach just down the road from where i stay, about 40 yards from the shore, the locals go to the beaches after all the sunworshipers have gone, hope this helps cheers neil

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Enjoy the trip