Shore fishing Puerto Rico Gran Canaria!!

Mon May 31, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi there,
Im heading to puerto rico in june and am looking for some advise on shore angling around this area!!

cheers!!

Re: Shore fishing Puerto Rico Gran Canaria!!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm

howdy, i was there a few years back and did the charter boat instead of shore, but i was talking to a couple of lads tat did fish the shore..
you wont be able to fish the beach or inside the harbour, but you can fish outside the harbour wall, on the left beach wall there is plenty of mullet in the sheltered water that can be picked up using float set-up, on the right wall there is loads of wrasse that can be got on float, bottom fishing there can be interesting, with everything from atlantic lizardfish, moray eels, eagle ray, sting ray and even a possibility of snapper if you get a good cast out..

if ya can get a charter out for the day, you should be able to book a place on-line before you head over..

for bait just go to one of the super markets and pick up a frozen mixed seafood selection, usually has squid prawns shrimp mussels etc etc which can all be used as bait

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:18 am

thanks steve,
thats what i was expecting to hear been there a few times before and not had that much success
have had lots of small wrasse and damsel fish on the float and lizard fish on the bottom.
Keith

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 am

i was there once,
only fished on a charter boat but did see a few people shore fishing