norway fishing

Tue May 25, 2010 8:10 pm

ha all... i have decided to give norway a go this year. i am only free to travel last week in aug. first week in sept..
the problem is i have never done it before so if any one can give me some info on norway , where to go , and so on.. it would be great..
i can fly ryan air to oslo and then not sure after that.....
cheers...
alan.....

Re: norway fishing

Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm

lucky wrote:ha all... i have decided to give norway a go this year. i am only free to travel last week in aug. first week in sept..
the problem is i have never done it before so if any one can give me some info on norway , where to go , and so on.. it would be great..
cheers...
alan.....

Well Lucky,

We were in Norway last year, March/April 2009, see here for a report on our trip:
http://dannymeagher.wordpress.com/angli ... -over-sea/

We are going again in August, fantastic place, well worth the trip over.

Are you looking to shore or boat fish?
Are you travelling by yourself or in a group?
How long are you wanting to go for?

Danny.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

ha danny.. thanks for that there is 2 of us and are looking around the 22nd aug. for a week.. mainly boat fishing.. do you mind if i ask what price you are paying...
Danny M. wrote:
lucky wrote:ha all... i have decided to give norway a go this year. i am only free to travel last week in aug. first week in sept..
cheers...
alan.....

Well Lucky,

We were in Norway last year, March/April 2009, see here for a report on our trip:
http://dannymeagher.wordpress.com/angli ... -over-sea/

We are going again in August, fantastic place, well worth the trip over.

Are you looking to shore or boat fish?
Are you travelling by yourself or in a group?
How long are you wanting to go for?

Danny.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:41 pm

lucky wrote:ha danny.. thanks for that there is 2 of us and are looking around the 22nd aug. for a week.. mainly boat fishing.. do you mind if i ask what price you are paying...

Last year cost us 1300 euro each for the flights, accomodation and an Arvor, this year for the same its costing us closer to 1700 euro.

Get onto to the World Sea Fishing Forum, go to the Europe section and get in contact with the following members:

skarnsundet
Norseman
Skarnsundet Guides

These guys will give you the best up to date advice as they are local to good fishing locations in Norway both shore and boat.

Have a chat with them nd see what what think youself.

Danny.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:52 pm

will do danny... cheers.....alan.....
Danny M. wrote:
lucky wrote:ha danny.. thanks for that there is 2 of us and are looking around the 22nd aug. for a week.. mainly boat fishing.. do you mind if i ask what price you are paying...

Last year cost us 1300 euro each for the flights, accomodation and an Arvor, this year for the same its costing us closer to 1700 euro.

Get onto to the World Sea Fishing Forum, go to the Europe section and get in contact with the following members:

skarnsundet
Norseman
Skarnsundet Guides

These guys will give you the best up to date advice as they are local to good fishing locations in Norway both shore and boat.

Have a chat with them nd see what what think youself.

Danny.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:55 pm

lucky wrote:will do danny... cheers.....alan.....

No bother Alan,

Let us know how you get on.

Danny.

Wed May 26, 2010 10:32 am

Have gone twice,I think for your first trip it might be best to book a guided trip,I have booked with dintur and found them very good to deal with,google Dintur and speak to Ian Peacock,As regards to tackle I reckon a 20 lb class rod and reel loaded with 30 lb braid (300 yards) plus a jigging rod with with a high quality saltwater fixed spool reel also loaded with braid will work best,Big pirks up to 500 grams and shads 6 or seven inch worked best,you will have to bring most of the gear with you as most of the camps are very isolated and any stuff available locally is limited and very expensive,If you buy some pirks you will have to upgrade the hooks and split rings to 10/0 or 12/0 and 100 lb split rings,The species list was Cod to 40 lbs,Haddock to 8 0r 9,Coalies to over 20,Wolf fish (treat with respect they will bite you),and a few small halibut up to 25 lbs.

Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 am

Lucky
As brian says check out
www.dintur.co.uk

Mr Ian Peacock
0044 (0)1915654970
0044 (0) 7763576995
peacock@dintur.co.uk

I picked up the brochure at the angling expo in Swords this year and there is some choice to pick from.

Mick

Wed May 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Lucky,

I thought you didnt want a package holiday and were doing it your own way so to speak from your post, anyway.

If its a whole package your after then I recommend Anglers World.

http://www.anglersworld.ie/

Tel: 046 9071866,
International: 00353 46 9071866,
E-Mail: info@anglersworld.ie

That is who we deal with, excellent service. Martin is a gent to deal with.

Danny.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:46 pm

We went the past couple of years and going again this year at the end of July. We were in Lyngen last year & are returning there: the accommodation is great, and there's a shop (many of the places are 20-30km from the nearest mini-market). We've use DinTur to book - have a look at: http://www.dintur.no (we're going to http://www.dintur.no/parentproductinfo. ... %C3%B8rhei). A really important point is to look out that you get a reasonable boat - the Kvaernoe boats are really good.

The freakiest fish there are the wolffish - you will not believe how aggressive these things are!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:28 pm

wish i could go but the wife would kill me

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Bring warm clothes!!!!