Ice fishing Faribault Minnesota

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 am

Went Ice fishing with friends of kays last week. Completely different than anything I have ever done before. Thankfully the other guy had a power auger seen as we had to drill through over 2 foot of ice. Didnt have to sit out in a cold ice house either as this ice house was on wheels with bunk beds, cooker, radio, tv and most important heat :) set up a few tip ups first to target pike and bass. took awhile for anything to bite but I got two northern pike in about 10mins using live bait. Inside in the ice house we had 2 rods set up for bluegills. They were very slow to bite and got one before we packed up and headed to a different lake in search of crappies. Got 2 crappies as well just before it was time for me to head home. Have bought myself an portable ice shelter and got a loan of a few ice rods for the rest of season and will be looking for a power auger very soon as its too hard trying to get through 2 foot of ice with a hand auger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ice fishing Faribault Minnesota

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:01 am

Good stuff nige. What was the air temperature out there?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:57 am

nige wrote:Didnt have to sit out in a cold ice house either as this ice house was on wheels with bunk beds, cooker, radio, tv and most important heat

Nice 8) 8) well done on the fishys too :)

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Sounds like a right adventure, fishing from a bunkbed, heating, your just missing a widescreen tv with the footy and few cold ones :lol: are these portable shelters suitable for the beach :?:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 pm

bed,cooker,tv,heat,jesus nige what happened?you gone soft on us?? :D :D well done on the muskies.did ye cook any? :D :D :D

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm

nice one nige! some craic in that ice house

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Tomaszek wrote:Good stuff nige. What was the air temperature out there?

cold about -16c during with sun and -25c after dark

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:35 pm

shamoo0804 wrote:Sounds like a right adventure, fishing from a bunkbed, heating, your just missing a widescreen tv with the footy and few cold ones :lol: are these portable shelters suitable for the beach :?:

no footy but there was a few cans :) the shelter that I got is like this one - http://www.clamcorp.com/Shelters/PopUpC ... fault.aspx

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

well done nige, must say looks like fun!