Lanzarote June 09

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Returned last Tuesday from a 2 week holiday in Lanzarote. After getting some great advice from a few guys on the site and a bit of local knowledge whilst out there I managed a few nice fish.

Methods used: Float and single hook set ups
Duration: Probably too long (if you asked the girlfriend)
Results: Many different species :mrgreen:

There was dozens of mullet milling about the end of the stone piers that I was fishing from, some were a good size, so needless to say I had to have a go for them. Manged a lot of small ones and two golden greys to 1lb 10oz was very happy :mrgreen: fought like stink on the light gear.

A lot of fishing was done with the float with a 4ftor5ft drop, did the job for lots of species.

When fishing the bottom, I had two stonking bites, that within 5 seconds snapped my 8lb line, this happened twice within 20mins. A local had seen me get the two huge bites and hinted that moray eel hide out in the reef. However tried again on the bottom in the same spot with no luck.

If anyone could id some of these fish for me I would appreciate it, thanks.

Re: Lanzarote June 09

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:00 pm

A few more pics

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:52 pm

one of them is a red bream

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks youngrod, thought it was something like that, that bream had an electric blue bit on the top and bottom, that can just be seen in the pic.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:21 am

maybe http://www.fishbase.org/search.php might be able to help you find out what they are,well done nice to get new species