fishing in spain

Post reports and questions about fishing abroad here...

Moderators: Tanglerat, MAC, pete

fishing in spain

Postby minty » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi lads i'm heading off to Malaga next week and wanted to know if anyone could let me know what type of baits could be used and what type of fish i'd be likely to get apart from the marina mullet, and on the off chance that anyboby has fished out there would there be any skippers or boats that you could recommend for a day on the waves :D :D
manys thanks
some times catching crabs is a good thing.........or is it...........?

09 so far--codling coalies plaice flounder turbot 3&5 bearded rockling doggies whitting shanny and a 5lb huss thornback ray squid starfish mackeral pollack corkwing wrasse ballan wrasse 5lb 6oz conger
minty
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: fishing in spain

Postby dan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:16 pm

dunno about that area, but i go to salou a fair bit, loads of mullet there, if there is mullet there give them a go, most coastal areas have charter boats, but i just fish from the shore, loads of black and red bream, garfish and triggerfish too with the occasional gilthead bream too.
fishing can be good, never caught any mullet while i was there, but loads of bream, garfish, triggers and other smaller species too.
Lure caught Fish 2014- Pollack, Coalie, Pouting, Poor Cod, Dab, Cod, Whiting, Flounder, Plaice, Bass, SeaTrout, Grey Gurnard, Scad, SandSmelt, Red Gurnard, Launce, Lesser Sandeel, Rock Goby, Black Goby, Shanny, Mackerel, Herring, Dragonet, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, GoldSinney Wrasse, Lesser Weaver, Butterfish, Perch, Pike

Fly Caught Fish 2014- Pollack, Coalie, Whiting, Mackerel, Sea Trout, Brown Trout, Perch, Roach

Biggest Fish of 2014-15lb Conger Eel

Total Species 2014-39 Sea
9 FW
dan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Postcards from Afar and Holiday Snappers