florida keys may 09

Wed May 27, 2009 7:34 pm

was in florida for last two weeks on honeymoon,we spent the last week in key west where i got 3 fishing sessions in 2 shore and one boat.

DAY1:the mon last week headed to two local deep water keys 40th under your feet.one was in mallery square like fishing in the middle of town the other is an dock where there is an old coast guard boat witch is now a museum fished the 2nd mark first for around two hours and got a lot of small fish and got snapped of buy something big.the water was clear and i could see plenty of good fish to 7-8lbish they where well used to been fished and played with baits but would not take.
moved into mallery square then for two hours getting loads of small fish again very hard to leave when catching fish even tho they where small lovely colours on them.two pelicans did there best to try take eveyfish as i bringing them in and leaving them off they did manage a few.dont know what any of the fish are some of ye might i know i had one flat fish of some kind.also seen a huge manatee in the dock too great sight.

DAY 2;deep sea fishing on a charter there where five anglers on board and we decided to take it in turns to take the fish to be fair.there was five rods set out to troll we didnt get to touch the rods deck hand did everything we just sat and watched and stay out of way that was a bad start i paid to go FISHING??!!.Anyway i was 3rd out of five to be up,so not to bad with only 45 mins gone and 1st chap lost a lovely 30lb + dolphan fish and the 2nd chap had a nice baracuida i was thinking nice one im next in the hot seat but 3 hours later nothing a nice sail fish came in had a look before heading off.with only an hour to go of a 6 hour trip witch i paid trough the teeth for and not after touching a rod was getting drunk off. the skipper then brought us in close over reefs for something where i got to bring in a mackerel 2- 3lb ish on a broomstick handle rod didnt evening feel it on.there was another mackerel caught by lad after me and last chap got a nice baracuida. we were using the same big baits as out deep and missed a lot of fish if they had a clue they could of made a bad day a bit better buy changing tactics a small bit.4 fish landed one chap got nothing after paying 230 a head then another 30 each to pay deck hand 260 for a 6 hour boat spin. .

DAY3: fished the first mark again was more ready for the spooky fish and got some great fishing with plenty of good fish and a few snap offs and hooks been straighend a good few smaller fish too but it made up for the boat trip had to move off home after 3.5 hours with the heat was cooking on the pier.great days fishing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: florida keys may 09

Wed May 27, 2009 7:38 pm

more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 pm

some nice fish there.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:55 pm

well done getting 3 sessions in barry ! and ye got to go fishing aswell :lol:
them charters are very bad sometimes but better than nothing as we all know.
have u any rods reels etc for sale now u hitched
cheers damian

Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Good man Barry nice report and Congrats on Wedding :)

Thu May 28, 2009 12:15 am

Good work on squeezing some fishing into the honeymoon Barry and congratulations on the wedding. :D I plan on squeezing a bit of fishing into my own honeymoon in a few weeks time. I always enjoy fishing abroad, you never know what you are going to catch let alone what they are called. Hard luck with the boat trip but at least your other trips were better. I think the last two you caught might me a Grey Snapper and a Yellow Tailed Snapper but I'm open to correction on that.

Thu May 28, 2009 1:42 am

congratulations on the wedding and the fish,some lovely colors on them and its nice to catch different species from around the world as well

Fri May 29, 2009 12:02 am

Some snazzy lookin fish there Barry. I dont think there is too many of us out there that could lobby for a days fishin on d honeymoon, fair deuce!!!! :D

Fri May 29, 2009 4:22 pm

both my honeymoons where just drinking eating and errr sleeping :lol: hadnt got much energy for anything else maybe i,ll fit in a few sessions on the next one :shock: well done on the fish bet you where in two minds ,to pick em up for a photo or not :? i suppose it would be like fishing in a tropical saltwater aquarium ,i must ask dennis what thats like :?:

Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Great spot to go fishing alright... reminds me that I must put up a report from my trip in March... keep an eye out!