Tunisia

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Hoping to go to Tunisia in April. Anybody got advice about fishing there?

Re: Tunisia

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:52 am

was there 8 years ago as you know no tides a lot of the fishing i saw been done there was from rocks and piers as the beach are shallow a lot of small bream and mackerel is all i say been caught this was Hammamet there was some boats charters as well
hope this helps .

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Went there in late march/early april about 5 years ago. Got ripped off on a charter and spent the day catching tiny little bream like things on the shittest gear imaginable that all went into a washing up bowl. The bait that we prepaid an extra few quid for was a couple of squid, the rods and reels belonged in a skip and the little bit of trolling we did do was using handlines. Thats despite all the pics of huge fish and the nice BG rods and reels that were hastily despatched below on arrival. After all that, they even had the balls to ask for a few dinars at the finish as a tip "for coffee...". What spare money you may have left over, you cant take out of the country BTW, be aware... :D

It wasnt a happy trip TBH, got fed up of being hassled for money everywhere I went and having to argue and haggle over the price of everything from a coke to a meal out. Came home feeling more tired than I went out there. We did take a 2 day trip to the Sahara and a couple of other places which was fine but if I never see another Olive grove, it will be too soon..... :D Oh, and in March and April, its cold. Very bloody cold!

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 pm

that's true Pete went to a market in a town called nabul not to be confused with Kabul in Afghanistan it was 2 miles long and one stage we had a guy follow me and the misuses around half a mile down the market for something that was wort 2 euro saying that about the weather we were there in April and it was cold for the first 4 days then the heat just came from no were winds blowing up from the Sahara it went up over the 30,s and this was April the food is not great in the hotel one thought i was eating pork found it strange as Tunisia is a Muslim country found out later it was camel wasn't to bad a little tough

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks a lot lads.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 am

The food is a disaster, the entertainment is poor enough, drink was expensive if you stayed away from local brews, fags from vending machines were fakes, you have people attempting to rip you off absolutely everywhere.... There was a massive cheer from our group outside the hotel when the bus came to pick us up for the airport on our return, that says it all really. I can honestly say I'll never be back.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:08 pm

So you liked it a lot!!!!!!

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Stan wrote:So you liked it a lot!!!!!!

I think he works for the tourist board :lol:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:52 pm

petekd wrote: There was a massive cheer from our group outside the hotel when the bus came to pick us up for the airport on our return.

that's gas :lol: :lol:

sounds like a proper nightmare.