Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:38 pm
Has anyone got plans for Norway? The current requirement is for 14 days quarantine when your arrive, so you need to take 2 weeks on top of any fishing. I know that SAS and Dintur are accepting cancellations with no penalty until the Norwegian panic is due to end in mid-April. However, I'm guessing that it won't be safe and travel won't be easy probably for most of the summer.
We're due to go for 10 days in the first week of June so I'm worried on many levels: will the 14-day quarantine still apply, can we actually get to our location, is it going to be safe, etc.
I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation - what have others done or are planning to do?
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:36 am
Sorry now but cant believe anyone would travel just to fish. Just listing to Simon Harris on newtalk 1015 am on the Pat Kenny show begging people not to travel at all if not need and certainly no overseas travel, we all need to stay safe and keep all those around us safe too.
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:50 pm
Ha-ha - that's not what I'm getting at. I was wondering how people are managing cancellations. Currently it's not possible to fly to Norway anyway until after mid-April and I have to assume that'll be pushed out to at least mid-May, but what then? Have folk already just gone ahead and cancelled and taken the financial hit of doing so, or are they waiting until the Norwegian government makes it a fait accompli?
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:11 pm
Cancellations will depend on who you booked with. In my case it was with an airline and a travel agent both based in the UK so I am bound by the ABTA regulations which means I get vouchers if I can't travel as planned in June (not a chance) but I don't get a refund.
This is the first EVER year when I paid for the whole holiday in advance because I was getting such as good deal last November.
If it rained soup, I'd have a fork... but on the plus side, I will get the wee boat built this year, quite possibly by the end of April...
Stay safe and healthy people, it's only money... fork it.
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:11 pm
Best thing to do is to contact your camp. They will advise what their current policy is. From what I gather most camps are rebooking holidays for later in the year or next year. If they are non commital you might have to wait for a few weeks to see where this thing is going.
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 pm
I have already lost out on 2 holidays and a festival. All booked with Visa and have annual travel insurance, I wasnt entertained even when 1 trip was to Italy and the government said not to fly there.
I would of been better of with a back injury so I couldn't travel
would of got a refund then.
Mon May 25, 2020 10:21 pm
Well it's now definite. Dintur have given us a voucher, SAS have promised one, and FastTrack are sending a refund. The bad is that the place we were going is closing down because the owner is retiring - I'll miss the insane coalfish. We'll just have to find a good replacement for next year, assuming it's all ok then.
Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 am
bpmurray wrote:Well it's now definite. Dintur have given us a voucher, SAS have promised one, and FastTrack are sending a refund. The bad is that the place we were going is closing down because the owner is retiring - I'll miss the insane coalfish. We'll just have to find a good replacement for next year, assuming it's all ok then.
You should try Sandland Brygge. We went last year. Would go again tomorrow.
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.