Reykjavik

Post reports and questions about fishing abroad here...

Moderators: Tanglerat, MAC, pete

Reykjavik

Postby robbiekennedy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi lads , heading to Reykjavik between Christmas and new year, I would like to get out on a charter , it would only be for couple hours as herself will be with me , has anyone been over there that time of year ? Not sure should I try book something now or wait till i go over , I can’t go to Iceland and not wet a line , not happening 8)
robbiekennedy
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 29 times

Re: Reykjavik

Postby chuckaroo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:06 pm

I've freshwater fished a couple of times in Iceland and have done a tiny bit if shore fishing there too, but I've never chartered a boat in the sea.
have a friend though who was in Reykjavik who did charter a boat and enjoyed catching a few species including some nice cod to 7/8lb.
There are definitely options available, just a matter of getting online and sussing them out.

Am aware thought that charter boats don't run all year round so its defo worth looking into things out before you go. There is at least one tackle shop in Reykjavik, and certainly one in Reykjanesbær, but they are not always open. Try contacting them.

Don't know if you are on the WSF Forum but there is a guy on there here that lives in Iceland, he is a sea fisherman. I don't know him personally but he is very helpful and obliging. His name is Russell and his username is 'sheep'. Send him a PM if you wish, he might be able to advise.

Nor do I know about the prices of a charter boat but I do know that everything is at least double the price there..

Do it. And give us a report on your return.. ;)

Charlie
Charlie

2024 targets:
porbeagle, stingers, seatrout, shore skate, shore tope
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 819 times

Postby robbiekennedy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks for the reply , yes I see all charters are closed 30 September , it’s not looking too good , I see you can rent rods off the tackle shop but as you said might not be open ,I only have 3 nights there so realistically it’s 2and a half days there and one of them days is flat out touring , I won’t panic just yet
robbiekennedy
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 29 times

Postby kieran » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 am

well, between Christmas and New Year, you might only have 3 nights but the nights last about 22 hours each. I'd stock up on the headlight batteries! jk
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Postcards from Afar and Holiday Snappers