Angling Show NEC Birmingham

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:33 am

When is it lads has any of you's ever been to it talking to a guy last week he said its unbelieveble nothing over here compares and is anybody thinking of heading across the shugh for the event

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:59 am

hi al.
any idea when its on?.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:25 am

Hi there i was over at it last year and to be honest it is great if you are into coarse and carp fishing but for the sea angler it was not good. The only decent bit for the sea anglers was the sea angler magazzine stand. they did bait and rig clinics and chris clark was there ltalkin about the continental styles of fishin that was very interestin i have to admit. As for gear there was nothing you couldn't get at home and it was actually more expenive than it normally is.

All in all i was disappointed. I shall not be headin this year.

stephen

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:12 am

Hey i'll be going to it myself! I think its on the 15th and 16th of March i'll check back now in a few minutes and let you know!

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:16 am

Sorry its on the 16th-18th March! Its 12pound for adults, 8.50 for seniors and under 15's go free..if anyone is going let me know and i'll try and meet up with ya's if i can..not sure what date i'm going, some of my friends might be coming over around then!

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:22 am

enjoy bring me back something nice,,,, :lol:

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:31 pm

dbrock wrote:enjoy bring me back something nice,,,, :lol:

I will! I'll bring you back some carp fishing dvd's :)

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:40 pm

cool never caught a carp to be honest there are a lot of rivand course fish ive never caught

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi guys
I was there last year and was not impressed as a sea angler. Three of us went over and planned to have a good look around the first day and go back the second day for the big buy! It is really designed for the course angler. We were finished after an hour and half and definitely not comin back the second day. So we just hit the high stool :lol: .
The worst part I found was that most of the stands were display only so you couldn't even buy what you were lookin at!
We won't be goin back.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Hmm doesn't seem to be getting great reviews for sea angling...but i do a bit of coarse fishing myself so i might head up anyway...plus i'm only 20mins away so why not :)

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:17 pm

Well if your only 20mins away you might as well, we flew from Ireland and booked a hotel for two nights. :roll:

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:38 pm

I think it looks pretty good from that site that mr green came upon theres gona be a heel of a lot of suppliers there think ill have to get a flight booked maybe not that much for the sea but i chase the pike this time of the year. Definately gona make the trip

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:02 pm

Went last year and was not impressed.

Just so you know. That if a company dosent have a stall then the tackle companys can't sell there product. So if you don't see a Century stand in the list then there will be no Century rods for sale. Same for all.
So regardsless if tony tackle has a ton of mustad gear on there website if mustad don't have a stand then there wont be any for sale.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:52 pm

load of sh**e went last year and never again

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Just so you know. That if a company dosent have a stall then the tackle companys can't sell there product. So if you don't see a Century stand in the list then there will be no Century rods for sale. Same for all.
So regardsless if tony tackle has a ton of mustad gear on there website if mustad don't have a stand then there wont be any for sale.

i dont know where you are gettin this from because penn fishing tackle did not have a stand there last year and there was plenty of penn gear for sale.

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:25 pm

Went to the Show today for a few hours wasn't bad but was definatly aimed towards the freshwater market more than sea but i suppose thats where the money is! Got a few tips from the sea angler people on rigs etc...nice bunch of lads didn't mind having a chat :) the fly fishing demo they did was very impressive to watch definatly going to give it a go during the summer! but i would definatly have trouble mastering some of the casts he was doing :D
Still managed to pick up a few bits and bobs..mainly just line..weights. general terminal tackle and some calcutta shads also a small telescopic spinning rod for about 20 quid to mess around with..Tonys tackle had a some nice deals with the greys rods but i cant remember what the prices where just remember going..oh thats cheap :D
All in all it wasn't bad..but i suppose thats because i do freshwater fishing myself, if i was their purely for sea angling i'd say i would have been a bit dissapointed as there were only about 3 stalls there!

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:00 pm

hate to say it but i todl u so :lol: