Ragworm in Donegal

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:40 pm

For any of the lads from Donegal clubs I'm told that John in Swilly Flies can now get rag in on Friday evenings. Supposed to be good stuff too. Hopefully be a regular thing. :D

Re: Ragworm in Donegal

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:25 pm

pete wrote:For any of the lads from Donegal clubs I'm told that John in Swilly Flies can now get rag in on Friday evenings. Supposed to be good stuff too. Hopefully be a regular thing. :D

yea deffentialy handy for me to heading that way at the weekends ....you got a number for him pete?

rag heaven

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:12 pm

thanks :D alot for sharing this info as the merits of this website to anglers communication has been proven again, as whilst in around inishowen and beyond, it's a fair travel to coleraine/ portrush for worms if the planning skills are'nt the best occassionally :wink:
on the subject of worms would anyone know if any local shops supply / or could indeed provide occasionally lugworm?? went out and dug a few recently but took forever as well deep down due to the cold, as was grateful that for the few that i did as got some attention whilst doing some new ground hunting, whilst plain mack provided a banquet for the crabs.
i was thinking of trying that lazy lug but as i'm not a member of any club haven't asked about yet. Lough swilly's no is 00 353 0 7491 68496 i believe.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:37 am

Full contact details on here

http://www.loughswillyanglingcentre.com/

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:19 pm

Needs to be booked in advance.......forget now (and I was just chatting with John 2 hours ago, forget my head if it wasn't etc etc) if it's Tuesday or Wednesday he needs it booked by. Best give him a ring to make sure if you're ordering.

Incidently, how much is rag per lb in other parts of the country?

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:15 pm

£5 from Vinty on the Shore Rd, Belfast - great rag - only needs a call the day before for ordering.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:40 pm

thanks for the info, may get to avoid the blisters from digging in this weather

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:44 pm

most shop prices range from £7.00 per pound to £8