why register on this website as a member?

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

why register on this website as a member?

Postby kieran » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:55 am

Hi

There are approximately 6,000 people using the website each month who are not members - not a problem and you are all very welcome, but ... maybe you do not realise what you are missing out on?

If you register as a member, you can use the private messaging services also known as PMs. This is the equivalent of email between members and it is used extensively for private conversation, often on tactics, shore marks etc. Things members will not post openly are shared privately.

If you register as a member, you will have access to other forums that are member-only areas, for example the new section on wanted or spare tackle for sale. There are rules to ensure it remains a useful service and not a shop for someone (!) and there are other forums as well...

Finally, your details will not be given to anyone else, and you can set your browser to remember your password and login, even if you can not yourself (done it myself a few times!)

Lastly being a member allows you post questions, reports and engage more fully in the conversation here. It's not a requirement, all I am doing here is pointing out the advantages... btw, if I do not remember to do it myself can one of the mods please remove this on 1st March 2007.

Thanks
Kieran Hanrahan

Time spent fishing is never time wasted...

2015 targets - a triggerfish, a specimen bass, a three bearded rockling to complete the set and something big and toothy from certain north Mayo deep water marks
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions