Did you buy at the Angling Show??

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Did you buy at the Angling Show??

Postby contender » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:13 pm

How you all get on??, I must admit it was worth the trip, even though there was room to spare for more stalls etc. I did not come away empty handed as i got 2 Daiwa emcast reels for £95 and a Mustad floatation suit for £50. they were on offer but i still had the cheek and asked and got a further discount. Well worth the effort..And i then ran out of money before, otherwise a new rod would have been coming home with me too.... :P
contender
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby blaker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:17 pm

Do basically the same dealers and stalls come to the Dublin one or would the Belfast one be a better bet to nip up to tomorrow?
blaker
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby contender » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:20 pm

The show was ok, but as i said it could have been bogger, but was good to have a few of the english dealers over. I was actually thinking of going to the dublin show and thought it would be the bigger of the 2.
contender
SAI Hammerhead

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:24 pm

Belfast Show was the best so far..
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

show

Postby pookie5488 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:52 pm

i thought besides l & g stand and the sea fed stand it was poor for the sea angler.
l & g as always up for bargining and lots on show. when we were there 2 other lads from larn angling club there to give advice also.

as for tonys i thought a bit poor nothing cant get else were for same or cheaper and all the stalls in main hall did have the cheaper end of the market but to have a show with only 2 sea angling stands a bit poor.

Went to nec a few years back and they had hands on displays on rods and rig making and talks from other anglers with loads of tips.
pookie5488
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Ronald » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:56 pm

I got a penn power stik for £40 spinning rod ,loads of stalls doing good eals on boat traces (hoakias ,etc.) jumbo 6 for £5 , and i think terry jackson was doin talks as wel in the fish doctor tent .
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 9 times

Re: show

Postby Drew » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:16 pm

pookie5488 wrote:as for tonys i thought a bit poor nothing cant get else were for same or cheaper and all the stalls in main hall did have the cheaper end of the market but to have a show with only 2 sea angling stands a bit poor. 8)

Its the best there's been in the Kings hall in Honesty! L&G, Tonys, IFSA, Mary Gavin Hughs, Various Fisheries Boards, as well as a lot of charter boats represented. On a related note good to meet so many forum members up there! Was so good I'm going back for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon! 8)

Roll on Dublin!
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

Postby round_ourway » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Went down for a while and found myself circling the place. Couple of good bargains but not much for the sea angler.
Like the IFSA stand
Boca Bearings .com - Orange Seal

Practice the Impossible
round_ourway
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 24 times

Postby jonny gilbert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:48 pm

2mo we will have more people on the ifsa stand...and big phils skate beat will also be on show again :lol: (its scary the size of it)
2010 species list: coalies, flounder, whiting, pollock, cod, doggie, sea trout, pouting, poor cod, short spined sea scorpion, long spined sea scorpion, 3 breaded rockling, shore rockling, 5 breaded rockling, tompot blenny, mackie, placie, dab, bullhuss, conger, ballan wrasse, corkwing wrasse, goldshinny wrasse,thronie, lesser weaver, bass, tub gurnard, red gurnard, grey gurnard, shanny, rock goby, turbot,

CONGER COUNTER: 42
BEST CONGER : 32LB 1OZ
jonny gilbert
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby Norfolk and Goode » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:15 pm

Will be there tomorrow myself for a wee look and walk around. :shock: Hope to see some forum members knocking around. Might be tempted to purchase although I better leave the better half at home. :oops: See you all tomorrow. :wink:

Steve
***Tight lines to one and all***

SACN number 0728
Norfolk and Goode
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby codfather » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:32 am

Thanks for the support today guys it was an enjoyable day wehave a few more boxes of stuff tomoorow to empty as we didnt get them on the stand today.
I thought about the one that got away and it did
codfather
SAI Bait Ball

Postby codfather » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:33 am

Drew you better be wearing the Greys cap if your there today :D
codfather
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Boyd A » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:28 pm

Possibly time to think about the Go Fishing show, Paddy's weekend, NEC Birmingham.
Book now and get a cheap flight ex Belfast direct to the show [ Birmingham Airport]

Boyd
Boyd A

Postby Tidal7 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:32 pm

Had a great day at the Kings Hall today, just wana say thanx to codfather at L & G TACKLE for supplying me and my mates with some top quality items (especially the 2 Storm Pro bass 11ft rods at an excellent price). Cheers :D ..... (the guys frm Holywood) PS.. i hope you overcome your fear of the giant holywood ragworms :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tidal7

Postby BigPhil » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:51 pm

well, personally our stand (IFSA) seemed to go pretty well with a lot more people present today at the show compared to saturday.

was good to meet many of you at the show and get a chat and put faces to names. if i was chatting to you and didnt get a chance to get introduced, sorry!!
as for the stalls, L+G was the best sea angling shopstand at it by far, tonys tackle prices were a bit high to be fair on most of the rods and the 'half price' abu reels didnt seem to be too smooth running etc....

it was a pity that there were not more stands for the sea angler though, plus, so many people didnt even know that the hall that we were in was open to the public etc!! i thought it was better last year using the upstairs balconies too...

ps....jonny - the bait on the 12/0 penneell rig was just a small example of what gets dropped for skate, they are normally about 3times the size of that!!
Not the BigPhil from Irish Angler mag, I'm the original, i swear!!!!
BigPhil
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby johnson1 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:31 pm

i got a fladon warbird and grauvell dakar at great price from L&G defo the best stall and most helpful for info cheers codfather, if i can work out where ur shop is you will see alot more of us for more bargins lol. cheers for all info again and new bait stockist options.
johnson1
SAI Bait Ball

Postby marlin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:31 pm

got a shakespeare president deluxe ct for £20, okuma im80 for £15 and a shakespeare targa 13` beachcaster for £19 I`m happy enough that will keep me going for a while :D
marlin
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Irish_Shamrock » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:40 pm

I was up myself today. Not sure if it was worth the drive from Derry, but I did get a few bargains. Better than lying around the house...

Sat listening to Terry Jackson for an hour or so in the Fish Surgery or whatever it's called. That man seems to know about every type of fish and fishing there is! Very friendly and helpful!
Irish_Shamrock

Postby codfather » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:17 am

Day 2: Today was probably my most enjoyable day ever as part of L&G Tackle. Im still buzzing although Im absolutely shattered(must be the red bull). I want to thank everyone who came to the stand left and then came back shows me that we must be doing something right that gave me more satisfaction than selling stacks of gear which isnt worth jack.
Thanks for all the positive feedback already from BigPhil, Pookie Tidal7 and Johnson1(that I didnt pay to say )Ihope your next ones a monster and Drew whos regular trips on Donaghadee pier will never be the same again.
codfather
SAI Bait Ball

Postby codfather » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:22 am

Day 2: Today was probably my most enjoyable day ever as part of L&G Tackle. Im still buzzing although Im absolutely shattered(must be the red bull). I want to thank everyone who came to the stand left and then came back shows me that we must be doing something right that gave me more satisfaction than selling stacks of gear which isnt worth jack.
Thanks for all the positive feedback already from BigPhil, Pookie Tidal7 and Johnson1(that I didnt pay to say )Ihope your next ones a monster and Drew whos regular trips on Donaghadee will never be the same again.
codfather
SAI Bait Ball

Next

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions