The Cope must go....

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

The Cope must go....

Postby x » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:53 pm

http://www.oceanfm.ie/onair/donegalnews ... =000003704

The Junior Transport Minister has today said there should be a cull on seals as part of a move to conserve salmon stocks.

I fail, try as I have, to figure out what the hell seals have to do with the Transport portfolio.....

The seals have always been a predator upon salmon, among other fish. It didn't do any harm for countless millenia. Doesn't seem to have been a problem in the past. It gets up my nose when seals rip a fish off my line but at the end of the day, I am in their habitat taking their staple food, so I take my lumps.

Am I alone in thinking we need to have this lad kicked out of his job for making statements like this? What's next? Will he call for us to join Iceland in taking up whaling again? Do we want to wait to find out?
x

Re: The Cope must go....

Postby teacher » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:05 pm

Sandman wrote:I fail, try as I have, to figure out what the hell seals have to do with the Transport portfolio.....

They're probably better qualified to hold the Transpor portfolio.
"Pier fishing was, indeed, an eccentric, unproductive and extremely dull occupation, and even if we'd posessed the necessary heavy plant we decided not to attempt it." Chris Yates, Out of the Blue.
teacher
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby x » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:26 pm

Hadn't thought of that. Mind you, if they started calling for a politician cull, I might just come out in support of it....
x

Postby Seancelt » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:28 am

Sandman wrote:Hadn't thought of that. Mind you, if they started calling for a politician cull, I might just come out in support of it....

The problem is who we should start with :?: :evil: :evil: :evil:
All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!
Seancelt
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby corbyeire » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:19 pm

ridiculus - what a pathetic statement really
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions