Bass conservation

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Bass conservation

Postby coaster » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:56 pm

http://www.saintbrendan.com/cdnaug01/news8.html

These lads have the right attitude when it comes to conservation and enforcement :?: :idea:
coaster
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby x » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:27 pm

I hope yer man has better luck than we do here. I sort of lose the bap when I hear of some lad in a 4x4 driving onto a beach to set a net in front of a pile of people and nobody takes the licence plate.....
x

Postby teacher » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Slightly off topic. How come we never see signs at piers and well known marks or advertisments in magazines informing people of the fines/penalties for illegal fishing? I can understand a lack of enforcement due to poor resourcing. Not taking simple steps to inform people of the laws and penalties for breaking them, however, is less forgivable.

--Jonathan
teacher
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Bass conservation

Postby Andy Elliott » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:57 pm

coaster wrote:http://www.saintbrendan.com/cdnaug01/news8.html
These lads have the right attitude when it comes to conservation and enforcement :?: :idea:

Yep ... dedicated to their cause alright

Unlike the vast majority of Irish Sea Anglers. Who choose to ignore conservation issues. Or let somebody else deal with it :roll:

When are people going to get up off their feckin arses and do somthing before its too late ?

We have a survey running , 5 minutes of peoples precious time to complete and forty people form this site have completed it. A site with over 1000 members , granted not all of them are active but this site gets 47,114.87 hits per day, 16,057.10 page views
The survey is in my signature , in Sandmans We have a post up about it forty feckin people bothered their hole to fill it in
There is a Post in shore reports, a report from the future highlighting conservation concerns with over 500 views and 27 replies... and forty people filled out the survey
Another site im involved with has 170 members 36 of them have filled it out.

26 people from this site have [url=http://www.sacn-online.org/membership.htm]joined[/url] the SACN
Its free. you dont have to contribute merely joining adds numbers to the organisation which adds weight to its voice.

Im giving up my time for this , Sandmans giving up, his why can people not see whats going on, or if they can see why the hell dont they do somthing about it

Apathy.... Irish Anglers other favourite activity

Rant over :!:

A big thanks to everyone who has filled out the survey, and an even bigger thanks to those who have joined the SACN. It will make a difference

Andy Elliott
Andy Elliott

Postby Andy Elliott » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:00 pm

teacher wrote:Slightly off topic. How come we never see signs at piers and well known marks or advertisments in magazines informing people of the fines/penalties for illegal fishing? I can understand a lack of enforcement due to poor resourcing. Not taking simple steps to inform people of the laws and penalties for breaking them, however, is less forgivable.

--Jonathan

Last year , the area in Cork I was fishing had signs up informing people of bag limits ,MLS for bass and maximum penalties for breaking the law

This year those signs were gone

Andy Elliott :(
Andy Elliott

Postby Tanglerat » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:01 pm

Get onto the relevent Fishery Board. Keep onto them. Get your club to get onto them. Find out who the Officer with local responsibility is, and request a meeting with him. ( Maybe best done through a club, that one.)

Put your concerns to them, and what action you want to see. Keep onto them.

This summer a couple of signs appeared local to me at Ards Friary pier and Doe Castle. Dunno if I had anything to do with that, I only mentioned it twice at Club Committee and they only wrote once to the Board......... :D
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby corbyeire » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:15 pm

was down in Dun Chaoin and was getting the boat to An Bhlascaod Mhor there were signs up about the bass limit ban and responsible angling etc.
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions