Should Catch and Release be mandatory for all IFSA SAC's Comps

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes : 25

Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:23 pm

petekd - i agree with most of what youve said above and apologies for going off topic

but most polls on this site dont get too many hits - people dont want to give strong opinions - plenty of talk of fishing, thats perfect - but sitting on the fence when it comes down to it

the apathy seems to win in the end - so its great there are people like andy not prepared to mull about and go for it

17 replies isnt that bad at all most posts dont get that - and there have been some strong views mentioned - its a start

think the same people will ignore it if it was in the Q&A section anway :roll:

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:06 pm

I haven't voted because the survey was aimed at IFSA members and I'm not a member of an IFSA affiliated club (or any angling club for that matter). I imagine many others have not voted for the same reason.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:03 pm

teacher wrote:I haven't voted because the survey was aimed at IFSA members and I'm not a member of an IFSA affiliated club (or any angling club for that matter). I imagine many others have not voted for the same reason.

me too,,,, not a mamber of any club, filled in the survey though.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:13 pm

All ifsa matches including club matches should be catch and release. Our club has been like this for 2 years nows both boat and shore.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:23 am

Hi guys,

Just getting back to the desk after a few days in the West. I voted no before I read the thread. After reading all the posts my vote would be yes. I agree that all Comps IFSA or otherwise should be C&R. I also think that anyone fishing a C&R comp should be allowed to retain a fish for the pot should they wish. I know I would not fish a comp that did not allow me to keep a fish of a reasonable size for the pot. Excellent thread though and I am enjoying reading the posts.

Kev

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:57 pm

Has anyone got any email addresses for the IFSA

such as the chairman, secretary, conservation officer ?

I went to the website :roll: its ermmm .... nice, but as usefull as a chocolate fireguard or an ashtray on a motorbike

Andy Elliott