[Media] Waterford/Wexford and buying/selling bass

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Re: Bass Sales

Postby stevecrow74 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:28 pm

drseafish wrote:he told me a certain individual in Dungarvan buys up all local stock as well as netting himself and sells them to a retailer/monger in Galway.

if you can find out names of such monger's/retailers post them up and i'll have a few words in person with them.

a letter can go so far.. a personal visit from me will make them think :twisted: :twisted:
[url=http://galwaybuccaneerssac.com/]Galway Buccaneers SAC[/url]
[i][color=red]St Juniper once said; 'By his loins shall ye know him, and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.'[/i]
stevecrow74
Scomber Doorman

Have thanks: 58 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby petekd » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:38 pm

Especially if you wear your crushed velvet shirt..... :D For those who may have missed it..... It would certainly make me think twice.
Attachments
drewme17pi.jpg
Would you want this man calling to your door...?
drewme17pi.jpg (15.15 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Re: Wexford Bass

Postby riggedtofish » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:49 pm

Report it to the ERFB. You can call them on 01-2787022. Let us know how you get on.

Got this reply today good to see they might take some action.

Many thanks for taking the time to pass this information to the Central Fisheries Board. Wexford is part of the Eastern Regional Fisheries Board area and I have passed your information on to the District Inspector Mr. Martin Kelly this morning who will deal with the information that you have supplied. Again, many thanks for taking the time to submit this report it is great to get accurate and timely information.

Yours Sincerely

David Byrne

Director of Promotion and Marketing

Central Fisheries Board

Swords Business Campus

Swords

Co. Dublin

Tel: (01) 8842656

Fax: (01) 8360060

Email: david.byrne@cfb.ie

http://www.cfb.ie
riggedtofish

selling bass

Postby bass boy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:28 pm

i fish benone and castle rock and down hill and the selling of bass goes on there,the local chinese restaurants are buying bass from these so called anglers, as well as fishing for them themselves.its a bloody discrace,are folk so hard up for a few quid,these guys should,nt be allowed to fish.full stop.i get so frustrated when the chinese guys come over to the car and ask if ive any for sale...
bass boy

Re: selling bass

Postby teacher » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:45 pm

bass boy wrote:i fish benone and castle rock and down hill and the selling of bass goes on there,the local chinese restaurants are buying bass from these so called anglers, as well as fishing for them themselves.its a bloody discrace,are folk so hard up for a few quid,these guys should,nt be allowed to fish.full stop.i get so frustrated when the chinese guys come over to the car and ask if ive any for sale...

The legislation is different in the north, so as long as the fish are of a legal size and the folks who caugtht them abided by other regulations concerning quotas, methods etc., then unfortunately they're within their rights.
teacher
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby corbyeire » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:46 pm

report them :!:
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Postby corbyeire » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:47 pm

sorry teacher posted at the same time as you - right so thats a grey area then up north :x
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Re: selling bass

Postby Muck » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:29 pm

bass boy wrote:i fish benone and castle rock and down hill and the selling of bass goes on there,the local chinese restaurants are buying bass from these so called anglers, as well as fishing for them themselves.its a bloody discrace,are folk so hard up for a few quid,these guys should,nt be allowed to fish.full stop.i get so frustrated when the chinese guys come over to the car and ask if ive any for sale...

as far as im aware the chinese contingent on benone used their bass for personal consumtion and not in their restaraunt
Muck

Previous

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions