Bass (Restriction on Sale) Order

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:42 pm

Does anyone know if the Minister signed a new order restricting the sale of Bass? If not, then the current order expires today and selling Irish caught bass would seem to be legal from tomorrow.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:17 pm

Seems not. The regulation expired from midnight last night.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:21 pm

I had a look here
http://www.dcmnr.gov.ie/Marine/Sea+Fish ... gement.htm

It seems odd.

The other reg. -Bass (Conservation of Stocks) Regulations 2006 - is still in force..

Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:26 pm

jd wrote:I had a look here
http://www.dcmnr.gov.ie/Marine/Sea+Fish ... gement.htm

It seems odd.

The other reg. -Bass (Conservation of Stocks) Regulations 2006 - is still in force..

It seems there was a change in the legislation that required new orders to be introduced in May. What's odd is that there is no expiry date at all on the conservation of stocks order.

I'm waiting for someone in the Department to call me back. (If you don't hear fromme again, it's because I've passed out holding my breath.) Still I have the guy's name now.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:38 pm

I was promised a callback too...

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

I got a callback- The regulation was signed again yesterday, and comes into effect at a minute past midnight.
jd

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:31 pm

thats good to hear lads and fair play to ye on the hassel :wink:

Yesssssss!!

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:07 pm

supercalafragalisticexpealadotious!!!

Super super dooooooooperrrr!!!

Now all we have to do is get everyone to obey the laws and we'll all be able to catch 10lb Bass from the shore every day of the week forever.

Regards,
John D.

Re: Yesssssss!!

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:42 pm

John D wrote:Now all we have to do is get everyone to obey the laws and we'll all be able to catch 10lb Bass from the shore every day of the week forever.

The novelty might wear off after a while :D Still, I'd be happy to take that risk.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:07 pm

One of any size would do me!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha