Newbie Intro

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Newbie Intro

Postby CorkyMcgee » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi Lads, I jumped the gun and put up a few posts without an intro.
Fergal here, I fished a bit back in the day, mostly freshwater and fly but have not been out in years and
prob near 20 since shore fishing with baits. Due to circumstances it will be comfy shore fishing I will try
and I'm delighted to have found the site. I've already put up a few questions and got great help and read back on some user's post :!:
some great advice in there
A lot has changed in the tackle and even though I will use my old stuff for a while I look forward to
checking out recommendations and reviews. Thanks lads.
CorkyMcgee
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: Newbie Intro

Postby cd07 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:31 am

Welcome back to fishing so! Yes the tackle has come a long way in the last 20 years! Sadly the fish numbers have decreased a lot in that time but there is still plenty to be had depending on your location. Im sure the lads on here will put u in the right direction. But for me I'd advise going the continental style ie 14-15ft rods and large fixed spool reels loaded with braid. This set up gives you everything....extremely light rods but plenty of backbone and combined with braid will give you the ability to cast a lot further when required

For this message the author cd07 has received thanks:
CorkyMcgee (Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:09 pm)
cd07
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 79 times

Postby Doubled1984 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:12 pm

Hello folks, delighted to join this board. Looks to be full of great topics and help. Haven't fished in a long long time but have purchased some beach rods and gonn aget back into it.. Looking forward to chatting... Dave
Doubled1984
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Flipperdipper » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:26 pm

Hi all, just joined up. Living in the Sunny Southeast and 90% of the fishing that I do is from the shore. 90% of the catching that I've done is in the distant past, sometimes I think that the only thing in the sea is my line and tackle. Is shore angling becoming a thing of the past?
Flipperdipper
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions