2016 Bass regulations

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:49 pm

I noticed on another thread that there is confusion as to what will be happening to the Bass regulations in Ireland after the recent EU directives. No wonder, I was.confused as well. I asked somebody's opinion on what the situation is. I travel to Ireland Bass fishing at least once a year and I wanted to know a bit more about the situation before booking this years trip. The chap I asked lives in County Kerry and is heavily involved with bass conservation. This is his reply...
"For what its worth Ireland has currently got 3 different sets of regulations. From the east coast all the way round to west Cork it is the same as the UK, C&R till July, then 1 fish a day.
From west Cork to the Shannon estuary (including Kerry) its one bass a day all year and from Co Clare north it is 2 bass a day all year. The Irish closed season still applies everywhere so no fishing from mid May till mid June.
Its a real mess. I am told that the IFI plan to introduce changes at a national level that will make all areas the same but when this will happen, I don't know.
When I hear more I will let you know.
Anyway, keep in touch. Hope to meet up this year.
Talk soon, John."

Re: 2016 Bass regulations

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 pm

S

Don't let it put you off a bass fishing trip - if your traveling post June 16th and previous to December 31st, nothing much changes in Ireland except the daily limit is one fish less than previous bye laws of regulation length.

Let the admin guys work it all out...dream about creamy pints, good food, scenery and tired legs and arms after a hard days bass fishing......not long now