A good camera that takes good pics??

Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Pretty sure that this topic would have been covered here before but Im struggling to find any up to date info anywhere..
So, can anyone suggest a decent camera that takes good fishing pics?! i.e. one that they have been using and are very happy with
budget: £100-200, or e180

would like:
high quality close up pictures
long battery life
good focus
maybe water resistant

don't need:
long zoom
wifi or facebook uploading etc
anything fancy

any suggestions at all please!
have tried a panasonic lumix that i bought for e100 but i wasnt too impressed with it. unless there is a better lumis model...?
thanks in advance

Re: A good camera that takes good pics??

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:16 pm

I recently replaced my Panasonic Lumix which is now residing at the bottom of lower Lough Erne! I got an Olympus Stylus TG835; waterproof to 10m, drop-proof from 7ft, has built in GPS, compass and in my opinion takes excellent shots, some in my most recent posts. It also takes movies with sound. £170 approx from internet. Overall I'm very pleased with it, you can have look next time we meet up.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:32 pm

johnwest wrote:I recently replaced my Panasonic Lumix which is now residing at the bottom of lower Lough Erne! I got an Olympus Stylus TG835; waterproof to 10m, drop-proof from 7ft, has built in GPS, compass and in my opinion takes excellent shots, some in my most recent posts. It also takes movies with sound. £170 approx from internet. Overall I'm very pleased with it, you can have look next time we meet up.

Cheers Paddy
Argos seem to be now selling this camera for £130 on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympus-Stylu ... 3f51dba278 Is this the same one?
Yes, it certainly seems to take good pics

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:12 pm

That's the one.