Bass season 2015

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Bass season 2015

Postby JimH » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Apologies for the one line dropped posts lately - just seems there is SO much going on in the 'Euro Commercial / Conservation Bass world' its in danger of becoming popular - also difficult at times as usual to see the trees for the woods and decipher reality.

With just over a week left to the opening of the the bass angling season of 2015, I look forward to perhaps another challenging year. Challenging from many aspects and none more so than the question I ask myself nearly everyday - 'I wonder will the fish return to the Wexford coast this year'?'

Coupled to this I'm really looking forward to using my DH rod (casting a RIO OB #8) in several locations as I have the casting and the presentations down where I want them nearly. 7" Weedless flies rigged with a mono guard that we spent two years trying to get the balance right have me waking up at night, its a long process but its working now!!

Lots of theories out there at the moment as regards how its going to turn for 2015, but in the words of one wise fisherman -

Few movements of wild creatures run to an exact timetable, year in, year out, and few are without their aberrant individuals; and few of us know our own familiar waters quite so well as we think we do.
Roderick L. Haig-Brown – Fishermans Fall

stay safe out there and fingers crossed for a good season - Jim

For this message the author JimH has received thanks: 5
donal domeney (Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:46 pm), John D (Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:26 pm), Kgarr (Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:07 pm), shortcircuit (Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:28 am), Tom H (Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:12 pm)
JimH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 528 times

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions