Poacher caught with 80 or 90 bass???Cork

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi Guys,
I just heard that some guy in Cork was caught the other day with 80 or 90 bass in a punt...did anyone else hear that? Its not on the IFI website that I can see.
I love when these b@stards are caught.
God only knows how many times he got away with it

Re: Poacher caught with 80 or 90 Bass???Cork

Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Didn't hear anything myself.If it is hanging isn't good enough for him.What will happen him? Confiscation of his gear and a fine. Laughable.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:24 pm

He's probably out again right now with a new net!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 pm

It's true ya I heard it here too in Dungarvan, apparently it wasn't too far away from here

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:15 pm

I haven't heard anything myself guys but I hope it's true - just so he's caught of course. I wouldn't normally hope a story of 80 to 90 dead bass is true! :?

John D.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:33 pm

shortcircuit wrote:Didn't hear anything myself.If it is hanging isn't good enough for him.What will happen him? Confiscation of his gear and a fine. Laughable.

he should be named and shamed and let the town cryer roar out his name,and banned from the water...40 lashes wouldnt go astray either.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:38 pm

IFI put very little to do with poaching up on there site. They also remove all posts regarding poaching from there Facebook page. IFI =see no evil hear no evil speak no evil.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:52 pm

There was "some action" in recent weeks. IFI asked for it to be kept quiet a while. I'm not 100% sure why they would want to keep it quiet. I will find out though...

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:22 pm

It would be a disaster for angling tourism with anglers flying in from all over europe to fish our protected stocks and travelling from all over Ireland to fish if word got out that heavy illegal netting was going on

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:42 pm

If IFI have caught someone then they will be keeping it quite as there is always the chance of comments been posted on web sites that could prejudice any case that they might be taking to the courts.