Laytown

Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Surfs up and looking good for bass ImageImage
Not too much weed no promises but looks good if anyone is planning on giving it a go tonight

Re: Laytown

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Would love to head out fishing but have to work................night shift :| Had a good summer with the Bass not far from Laytown. I didn't realise they were still around. Until what month do they stay until??

Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Laytown is such an enjoyable mark to fish, especially at the mouth of the Nanny, but I've had very few fish here over the past years, even in these optimum conditions. Tough mark.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:21 am

Used to fish it a bit but havnt in about 2 years don't think I'm missing much Unfortunatly ,I don't think the razor boats are helping much

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:24 pm

also the breakins at the car park are off putting

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:10 pm

I used to park at the pub ,I know its a bit of a walk with the gear but worth it for peace of mind

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:57 am

Fished it Tuesday evening, 2 rods,flat calm conditions;;;;;; 2 flounder 20cm;;;; 1 good bite missed.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:27 am

I think the Razon fishing might be messing with the fishing there. There used to be great flounder fishing with the odd Bass in the right conditions (Nice Surf) I've had planty of 30cm plus trebles off this beach, but not in quite a few years. If your local, it's worth a try from time to time, but not worth travelling to.