The 26 Euro Bass Lure.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Against my better judgement I bought a IMA KIMOMO sf-125 bass lure for £18 sterling - which including postage works out at €26. To my parsimonius upbrining this is equivalent to spending a couple of grand on a wheel-barrow.

However IMA KIMOMO SF-125 is a seriously well designed piece of kit which swims a stable depth of One foot with an enticing wobble to the rear end OR at the surface by raising the rod tip . A feat which is easier said than done - which I appreciate from a previous life of designing pelagic fishing gear for vessels up to 2 thousand tonnes and all the hydrodynamic limitations of keeping things at a stable depth that that imposes.

However because KIMOMO is a surface or near-surface lure you are inclined to think that your €26 is reasonably safe.

Case Study: Cast 4 Kimomo is stopped dead in a slamming take and promptly wrapped around a boulder followed by a snapped line a missing bass and even more missing Kimomo.

The best laid plans etc...........

Re: The 26 Euro Bass Lure.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:30 pm

i would have called the coastguard

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:08 am

did your face look like this after it happened

https://www.facebook.com/ReelFishingPho ... =1&theater

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:13 am

Lost a salt skimmer not so long ago. Waded out to chest at low tide. In breathables. I just thought at that instant.
F@@k it. No way might be gutted but not worth risking it anymore.

See tide line on cliff.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409994814.375864.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Sucks alright, snap offs with expensive lures is another torment watching it sail off into the sunset. They go a mile too when there is no line attached to them.

All you can do is save yourself a fiver next time:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_odkw=IMA ... sacat=1492

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Having smarted for a bit, yesterday morning I got out the trusty 11' fly rod and tied up Oz's Livebait fly - total expenditure around 50 cents- and in the same spot on cast 6 or 7...........
Thanks Oz!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:15 am

nice.....

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 am

nice one!!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:14 am

Haha had an experiance like that with a k10 Focus went from trying to catch Bass to trying and catch my k10. I got it back after about 40 minutes