demise of Irish Angler magazine

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Ah...

Found it strange that I could not find it on the shelves and talked to David to find out that he had to close it last November. Personally I find it very disappointing, notwithstanding I have had no involvement in it for several years.

David was dedicated to the concept of a high quality publication and I know how hard he and others worked on it, before and after he took it over from David Hall. It's a shame to see it lost as it showcased Irish angling in a very good light.

Re: demise of Irish Angler magazine

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Used to pick it up each month in the local garage then it just stopped, found out after they ceased printing, real shame as enjoyed the sea and game articles

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:45 am

A few of the lads from IA have made a website to replace the paper! Excellent stuff and all pro-bono!

www.topfisher.eu

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 am

I was a regular buyer of the magazine and i was lucky enough to have one a greys multi tip boat rod,if i didn't pick it up each month my good wife would pick it up for me,its a big loss to all who supported David a gentleman who i met at the annual fly fishing fair 2 years ago.