Lugbeds Clewbay

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Was up fishing the south mayo beaches the other evening, stopped off at my regular lug beds, near the Seebheen Pub, southof westport , this place is normally miles of worm casts - there were flup all there, and an overwhelming stink of silage or slurry/farm smell. I noticed there was also alot of algae or something on the sand surface.
Anyone else noticed this around here?hoping it was an isolated incident, not a kill over a larger area here.

Re: Lugbeds Clewbay

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 pm

spindlefist wrote:Was up fishing the south mayo beaches the other evening, stopped off at my regular lug beds, near the Seebheen Pub, southof westport , this place is normally miles of worm casts - there were flup all there, and an overwhelming stink of silage or slurry/farm smell. I noticed there was also alot of algae or something on the sand surface.
Anyone else noticed this around here?hoping it was an isolated incident, not a kill over a larger area here.

Did you report it to the right people?, maybe you can get the numbers needed for the environment agency etc. on site here and report it.Never to late to report because if its like you say its more than likely been going on for a while if miles of casts are gone and will more than likely happen again.