Break in at Mornington

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Heads up, My car window was smashed in at Mornington yesterday, laptop robbed from boot , there was two scobies parked, beside me, very likely them that did it. Little f***kers

Re: Break in at Mornington

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Not what we need to hear sorry bout the break in. What time where you fishing at?. Pure scumbags.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:25 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:Not what we need to hear sorry bout the break in. What time where you fishing at?. Pure scumbags.

15.00-1630 been fishing there for 3 years now without any incident, I was parked Right beside the wall in full view of the boyne. Watch out for any young lads parked there. The hassle involved with insurance mechanics etc is the worst part if it, little pr1cks

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:08 pm

I see there at it again that whole stretch of coast is notorious for break ins ,the best thing you can do is park at a house or shop or any populated area as near as ye can get to your fishing spot ,I know walking with a load of gear is a pain but for piece of mind its worth it,bad luck mate I hope ye recognise them or their car,wouldn't it be great Craic if they came back to a smashed up car :D ,only joking but it is tempting though

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Hide beside your car for only a few minutes after arrival with something like this http://www.amazon.com/Raid-Wasp-Hornet- ... B004VD7NIO
After the job is done and you receive any complaints (which I doubt) you can always say that these pesky wasps were attacking you during unloading your gear.
I have at least one under my drivers seat and one in the tackle box. Wasps are really a pest at this time of the year ;)

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 am

Kgarr wrote:Heads up, My car window was smashed in at Mornington yesterday, laptop robbed from boot , there was two scobies parked, beside me, very likely them that did it. Little f***kers

Terrible thing to arrive back to after a days fishing.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Kgarr wrote:
sparkey+1 wrote:Not what we need to hear sorry bout the break in. What time where you fishing at?. Pure scumbags.

15.00-1630 been fishing there for 3 years now without any incident, I was parked Right beside the wall in full view of the boyne. Watch out for any young lads parked there. The hassle involved with insurance mechanics etc is the worst part if it, little pr1cks

In broad daylight was there any other cars done in at the same time... pure scum but not the 1st time its happened on those marks.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Kgarr, I normally park in front o that tower so if I'm fishing the estuary I can still keep an eye on the car from where I'm fishing. Is that where you mean? If so that's fairly brazen of them. I used to go over the Baltray side but stopped cause I thought it was only a matter of time over there being so isolated. Bad news

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Yea that's where I was, I only had 90 mins to fish so was kind of on a mission and didn't notice. I did pull in right beside them though, two knack3rs in a car, they saw me take the laptop out of the back seat and put it in the boot. Just back from fishing the badly ray side tonight, no fish bit a great night out, mever fly fishied in the dark before, refreshing to come back to my car without a window being smashed in!Image

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Badly ray - baltray! Damn you auto text'

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Hah, thought it was some local nick name there for a minute! Cheers for the heads up I'll be keeping a close eye on my car next time I'm up there

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:03 am

Same thing happened to my mates van last week at Port beach, not that far away. They cut the wires between the front wing and the front door to balls up the alarm and then caused several hundred euros of damage trying to open the doors with what looks like a crowbar... all in broad daylight Happening way too often in that area now... Pure sumbags.....

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:36 am

Jesus, port beach is fairly isolated too, sad you need to consider the safety of your car before deciding where to fish. The fine weather seems to bring these scumbags out

Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Fishing all along there the past few years never had a problem but ill be keeping an eye out now.