Re: licence for using nets off a beach?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Unfortunately, have had the same experience myself in Brandon. We used to religiously travel down and stay in Lyne’s cottages first springs in October.

Nets running out from the shore on the corner of the estuary to catch any fish trying to run in, very sad. We don’t stay anymore & either do another large group of anglers from Dublin who made the pilgrimage annually. The accommodation & drink alone would have been worth €7,500 at a conservative estimate, at an off peak time of the year, 5 cottages @ 350 each, 25 thirsty Dubs eating & drinking in the locals for a week.

I can’t see myself travelling to stay down anytime soon.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Last edited by wooler on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Given the interest in this subject can I make a suggestion for a sticky topic? We have “WEED WATCH” so what about having a “NET WATCH” reporting sightings of inshore netting and the like.

Could this be used to help the fisheries board in some small way?

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 pm

I've split off Cork only stuff from this thread. Keep Cork stuff over there, use this one for Kerry (and elsewhere I suppose).

I've also removed some auld guff about something called hurling. Can't figure out how that ended up on an angling forum. :shock: