Surprise catch for lady angler in Wicklow

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:58 am

Just a quick one, was out tiddler bashing in Wicklow yesterday when a lady ran up to me looking for my net saying she had cought a trigger fish, I thought ye right but she was dead wright a trigger of about 3lb :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Surprise catch for lady angler in Wicklow

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:04 am

Brilliant,great to see she knows her species 8) anything is possible the way the water temps have been along the east coast, i have been getting 15.5c in the boat last few trips. The question i have is why do you bring a net when tiddler bashing :shock: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:08 am

Ha ha lrf John with a 3-7 g rod any fish over a pound wound break the rod without a net ;)

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:41 am

Cracking photo,definately a species on my to do list 8) .My question is who's hands are holding the fish :)

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:57 am

Her jealous husband lol , I have to admit I was prity jealous too :)

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 am

Lucky sonso,bet your lrf kit would have had been really tested had it hooked dat beauty.Really enjoying using my rockfish ul for catching a few mackerel never seen a rod bend so much and not break :lol:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Haha deadly Skell. I'd say you interegated her as to what she was using :wink:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Wouldn't have believed IT, had I not seen it with my own 2 eyes.
And fair play to them for releasing the fish back.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Wow! never heard of one being caught on the east coast especially as far as wicklow.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Jayball10 wrote:Haha deadly Skell. I'd say you interegated her as to what she was using :wink:

Ha ha don't ya know i did lol, she got it an mac just dropped over the edge with a really light telescopic rod that only looked about 5or 6 foot, she was chuffed as she should be , fair play to her 8)

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:48 am

Great pic well done

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 am

MONKEYwrasse wrote:And fair play to them for releasing the fish back.

TBH, Your better off taking them for the table. They come into Ireland on Atlantic currents and although they fight well, they would not be a strong swimming migratory fish. Once the water Temp drops in Autumn and Winter, they will die, so best to enjoy them for dinner. They are a really nice table fish.

Kev

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:59 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:11 am

looks like the spine on the top got broken off..i had one years ago and it had a huge spine on top