Re: Thank you and good bye.....

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:43 am

the weasel wrote:Good luck and safe trip back to scotland to you and your family.

John Ainsworth

Thanks for the best wishes John.....

razor2 wrote:Best of luck

Cheers Razor

Determined Dan wrote:All the best to you and family, hope to see reports from Scotland good luck and tight lines.

Nice one Dan

Divisadero wrote:A man of action! Fair play. Sorry to hear you have to leave though.All the very best to you and yours back in Scotland.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Divisadero. A man of action.... Not sure my wife would say that lol

davybrown99 wrote:Very best of luck to yourself and the family.

Cheers Davy

Eoghan wrote:If there is one consolation you will be that bit closer to Paradise..!

Eoghan your spot on there. Every cloud and all that jazz............ :D

Paul Harris wrote:Moving to Scotland to avoid 'morally bankrupt politicians' seems fraught with disaster, but offhand I cannot think of anywhere in the World where you could avoid them!

Hey Paul your bang on there my friend. To be honest there are more reasons to move than just politicians/bankers/dodgy builders but fortunately that combination have shafted me and my family for the last time...!

blackiemc wrote:Very best of luck to you and yours, don't forget rotha mór an tsaoil (geailge but true in every language), your best days fishing here and elsewhere are almost certainly yet to come!

Blackie

Cheers Blackiemc.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Sorry to hear you are going back to Scotland best of luck n keep in touch

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Best wishes on your return to Scotland joebhoy, though the politicians will be found in almost all states, the state of the economy is more to the front, with really dam all being offered up to change anything,
Just listen to minister burton, on reducing social welfare would shrink the economy,
So good luck in you next chapter, and remember angling reports are a few floors down......

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Well Joe, what can I say, we've had a great run of fishing and mighty crack and banter, I'll never forget that tree passing us by in Youghal or the crack and panic when you caught the big cod on the beach.
I believe that I have made a good friend and that we will not lose contact, sure it's only across the pond, but family comes first. The state that this country is in you are making the best choice and don't doubt that. All will work out for you and the family and not forgetting rolo and Harley the beast :lol:
The only thing you have to be careful of is that strange shoe fetish of yours :D :D
I expect to see you back in the winter for a bit of cod fishing :wink: :wink: there will always be a welcome for you in limerick
Roll on the weekend
Best wishes from all at no 26

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 am

Whereabouts in Scotland are you headed to?

I used to live down in the Wigtownshire area and from what i've been hearing from the lads in my old club is they are have been having fairly decent fishing lately, 3 weeks ago they had Spurdogs up to 10lb landed from the shore, there have been thornies to about 8lb caught and Bass to about 6 or 7lb caught, basically all on the same stretch of coast too im told....

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 pm

All the best for the future Joe, but sure your only a cheap Ryanair ticket away from Eire and her beautiful shores.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:03 pm

originalsin wrote:Whereabouts in Scotland are you headed to?

I used to live down in the Wigtownshire area and from what i've been hearing from the lads in my old club is they are have been having fairly decent fishing lately, 3 weeks ago they had Spurdogs up to 10lb landed from the shore, there have been thornies to about 8lb caught and Bass to about 6 or 7lb caught, basically all on the same stretch of coast too im told....

Hey Originalsin.... I am from North Ayrshire so a good trek from Wigtownshire. I have heard that Galloway is producing some decent bass fishing alright. Have my eye on the East Coast for the winter cod which I am told regularly run to double figures. Would be good to find out any marks from your old club mates... :wink:

MONKEYwrasse wrote:All the best for the future Joe, but sure your only a cheap Ryanair ticket away from Eire and her beautiful shores.

Cheers man. All the best

keem wrote:Sorry to hear you are going back to Scotland best of luck n keep in touch

Nice one Keen.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:33 pm

joebhoy wrote:Hey Originalsin.... I am from North Ayrshire so a good trek from Wigtownshire. I have heard that Galloway is producing some decent Bass fishing alright. Have my eye on the East Coast for the winter cod which I am told regularly run to double figures. Would be good to find out any marks from your old club mates... :wink:

Ayrshire itself isnt that far away.... It used to take me around 50 minutes driving to Ayr town...

Ill try get some marks for you from some of the guys but from what i can remember though, Kirkudbrightshire is the area for the Cod,

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 am

originalsin wrote:
joebhoy wrote:Hey Originalsin.... I am from North Ayrshire so a good trek from Wigtownshire. I have heard that Galloway is producing some decent Bass fishing alright. Have my eye on the East Coast for the winter cod which I am told regularly run to double figures. Would be good to find out any marks from your old club mates... :wink:

Ayrshire itself isnt that far away.... It used to take me around 50 minutes driving to Ayr town...

Ill try get some marks for you from some of the guys but from what i can remember though, Kirkudbrightshire is the area for the Cod,

Cheers man any help would be great as im sure you know the Clyde is basically fishless........... 50 mins seems a reasonable distance as i am used to 2hrs 15mins to Youghal in the winter.....

Thanks