Thank you and good bye.....

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Lads/Lassies

It is with a very heavy heart that my family and I are returning to live in Scotland. I have spent the best ten years of my life living South side/North side of Dublin and County Clare. There a good few reasons (mainly personal) for my family and I having to move, however the shocking state of the economy and the morally bankrupt politicians are two significant reasons that have forced my hand.

The fishing, well where do I start? The first 7 years living in Ireland was spent catching pike around the borders and East Coast. Not great fishing but I did manage a good few decent Pike/Perch... My sea fishing began in earnest in 2011 following a lengthly lay off from when I used to fish back home in Scotland.

Some say that Sea fishing is not what it was in Ireland. Well all I can say is that it has been very kind to me over the past couple of years. I have fished Youghal in the winter for cod and had fish up to 7lb, Waterford and Kerry for Bass and had fish up to 8lb and countless Ray from the mightly Shannon. Oh and least I forget the East Coast Pirhana (whiting)..... :lol:

Whilst I understand that the fishing is not as good as days gone bye, but lads and ladies you guys have an amazing resource that should be guarded with your lives. When I return to Scotland I am likely going to have to scrap the 3/0 and 4/0 for some 1's... to target small fish until winter comes when good Cod can be caught off the East Coast. Thats my reality due to the neglect shown to Scottish waters on the West Coast.

Before I go I want to thank the members of the site that have taken the time and effort to help me find the fish either East/West or South. Cant be arsed individually mentioning folks (too many) but if you are reading this you know who you are............ Every single time without exception that I have requested some help or wanted tackle somebody has stepped up to the plate and went out their way to be helpful.

We leave in two weeks but before we go I have one last moster session arranged this weekend in Tralee/Dingle so lets hope the fish are hungry and the weather is kind.

Tight lines and Go raibh maith agat.....!

Joebhoy

Re: Thank you and good bye.....

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Sorry to hear Joebhoy,best of luck to you and your family

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Looking forward to read your posts in here. viewforum.php?f=13

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Damn :( Im sorry to see you go, Im not sure if we met on some beach, but chances are we did. Completely agree with you on the Greed and Corruption of the State,, hence its forced me to fish closer to home as I just cant afford the fuel for the long trips any more. But that aside its so sad to see so many leaving this country your about the 14th person I heard of leaving this month. But never forget these boats and planes go both ways!! and you'll always be welcomed to cast a line on ANY shore around Ireland :) Till we meet again may the wind be at your back, and the fishin Great!
Tightlines

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:03 pm

good luck

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:33 pm

I know exactly what you mean Joe and would have loved to fish one last session with you. I let you go with a heavy heart and a weeping eye but still, I'm so delighted for you that you have found a better future for yourself and your family. God bless you my friend and you are more than welcome, whenever the tides might blow you on the shores of this island again. Hope you stay in touch through this site or whatever means of communication. Take care and all the best!

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Joebhoy
I can empathize with you as you know
One of the hardest decisions I have ever made was to leave Clare and return to the UK to work and honestly I still havent come to terms with it, but I could no longer remain a burden to a state that is already overburdened with political ineptness.
I now live in an area of South Wales famed for rays,cod and smoothound but I cannot motivate myself to join the throngs of other anglers chasing weekend fish. I did more fishing in the last two weeks when I went home for a wedding in Wexford than I have done in the last ten months.

I enjoyed our day out together and was happy to help in any little way I could before leaving.

Good luck

Neil

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:24 pm

SeanA101080 wrote:Sorry to hear Joebhoy,best of luck to you and your family

Thanks Sean

donal domeney wrote:Looking forward to read your posts in here. viewforum.php?f=13

Cheers Donal, I hope that they are worth putting up...! Some very decent Cod to be had so fingers crossed!

Creep wrote:Damn :( Im sorry to see you go, Im not sure if we met on some beach, but chances are we did. Completely agree with you on the Greed and Corruption of the State,, hence its forced me to fish closer to home as I just cant afford the fuel for the long trips any more. But that aside its so sad to see so many leaving this country your about the 14th person I heard of leaving this month. But never forget these boats and planes go both ways!! and you'll always be welcomed to cast a line on ANY shore around Ireland :) Till we meet again may the wind be at your back, and the fishin Great!
Tightlines

Cheers Creep. Dont really want to go on a rant but feck them all :D

lad123 wrote:good luck

Cheers lad123 all the best

The Austrian wrote:I know exactly what you mean Joe and would have loved to fish one last session with you. I let you go with a heavy heart and a weeping eye but still, I'm so delighted for you that you have found a better future for yourself and your family. God bless you my friend and you are more than welcome, whenever the tides might blow you on the shores of this island again. Hope you stay in touch through this site or whatever means of communication. Take care and all the best!

Martin I'm sure that we will squeeze in one final session before the off. Thanks for your kind words

baitdigger wrote:Joebhoy
I can empathize with you as you know
One of the hardest decisions I have ever made was to leave Clare and return to the UK to work and honestly I still havent come to terms with it, but I could no longer remain a burden to a state that is already overburdened with political ineptness.
I now live in an area of South Wales famed for rays,cod and smoothound but I cannot motivate myself to join the throngs of other anglers chasing weekend fish. I did more fishing in the last two weeks when I went home for a wedding in Wexford than I have done in the last ten months.

I enjoyed our day out together and was happy to help in any little way I could before leaving.

Good luck

Neil

Neil thanks for the reply...! Keep the faith.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Martin I'm sure that we will squeeze in one final session before the off. Thanks for your kind words

that'll be great Joe, with the moon*cough* and all ready prepared it would be rude not too :D You have my phone number.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:41 pm

fair play to you joe sorry you have head home but your still only a hop away could be worse like so many else havving to go to canada oz or the states for a days work best of luck either which way

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:49 pm

The very best of luck to you and your family, and very tight lines in the future :wink:

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:45 pm

JOHN1 wrote:The very best of luck to you and your family, and very tight lines in the future :wink:

Thanks John. All the best

jacko1 wrote:fair play to you joe sorry you have head home but your still only a hop away could be worse like so many else havving to go to canada oz or the states for a days work best of luck either which way

Ah cheers Jacko..... God bless ryanair eh...lol

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Good luck and safe trip back to scotland to you and your family.

John Ainsworth

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Best of luck

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 pm

All the best to you and family, hope to see reports from Scotland good luck and tight lines.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:17 pm

A man of action! Fair play. Sorry to hear you have to leave though.All the very best to you and yours back in Scotland.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Very best of luck to yourself and the family.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

If there is one consolation you will be that bit closer to Paradise..!

Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Moving to Scotland to avoid 'morally bankrupt politicians' seems fraught with disaster, but offhand I cannot think of anywhere in the World where you could avoid them!

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Very best of luck to you and yours, don't forget rotha mór an tsaoil (geailge but true in every language), your best days fishing here and elsewhere are almost certainly yet to come!

Blackie