An idea thats been hurtin my head!!!

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Re: An idea thats been hurtin my head!!!

Postby grady » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:58 pm

ok lads, to organisators,
what time you'll be there becouse i could arrive earlyer than 11am it just hard to judge the time of the journey will i found someone earlyer?
Spesies 2012/ flounder, turbot, colie, whiting,thornback ray, dogfish, pollack, ballan wrasse, corcwing wrasse, dab, cod, sea trout, mackerel, smooth hound

Species 2013/ flounder
grady
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 151 times

Postby tight lines » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Sparks43 wrote:Looks like the dart line is going to be closed from Grand canal to Sydney Parade :cry:

I will find out alternatives and post them up later

thanks for the info mate i know the 84 bus will take you out

For this message the author tight lines has received thanks: 2
Creep (Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:21 pm), Sparks43 (Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:22 pm)
tight lines
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 471 times

Postby Creep » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Yep mate I'll be there at the very latest 10:30am because i know a few of these boys want to get the jump on fishin :D :lol: :lol: :lol: , Im aiming for 9am myself, hell i might get a line in then :roll:......People, Sportscast Ireland has asked me to keep the furthest right side of the beach free for the Pendulum and Off the Ground Casters and also beginners, as there is a saftey issue of possible "crack-offs" also we are going to leave the rock mark available for swimmers. And one key issue i want everybody to do is PLEASE KEEP THE BEACH TIDY... in recent times anglers have been given a bad name :( lets show them they're wrong...
If I get time I will post pictures of the raffle prizes for you to drool over :D :D :D :D Just want to thank:

Fish And Stay
2 boat owners
Henrys Tackle Shop
Anglers Paradise
Gotcha Tackle
Fintastics
Plus a few people who wished to stay anonymous but you guys know who you are and a HUGE THANK YOU!
list 2013 (10) Ballan Wrasse, (17) Smooth Hounds (6lb, 2oz, best so far this year), (47) LSD, (2) shore Rockling, (1) Long spine scorpion, (9) flounder, (8) Dab (2)Bass (3) Mackerel (2) lance (2) Plaice (2) Pollock (1) whiting

List 2012: (83) Whitting, (2) Plaice, (20) 5 Beard Rockling, (3) Coalie, (1) 3 Beard Rockling PB 40cm, (8)Pouting, (1) poor cod, (49) LSD(PB: 3lb.2oz), (1) Shore Rockling, (2) Codling, (2) Long Spine Scorpion, (6) Pollock (25) flounder (b) (1) mackrel (1) Turbot PB19cm (10)dab (6) Smooth Hound (2) Twaite Shad, (2)Thornback Ray(PB: 4lb 5oz), (34) Mackrel (Shore), (35) Lance PB31cm, (1) pipe fish, (1)Bull Huss 3lb 150z, (1) Octopus (2)corkwing wrasse, (1) Dragonet

List 2011: 16 species (267 fish caught)

Reel Anglers Don’t Litter
Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Postby Sparks43 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:21 pm

tight lines wrote:
Sparks43 wrote:Looks like the dart line is going to be closed from Grand canal to Sydney Parade :cry:

I will find out alternatives and post them up later

thanks for the info mate i know the 84 bus will take you out

The 84 has been changed it now goes from ucd instead of town

Remember that all buses and trains operate a sunday timetable on the bank holiday

Fishing wise a bit of crab and mussel could be useful tommorow as the coalies could make an appearance

I wont be fishing so i will be on hand to give advice on rigs and baiting up
Species 2012 (14) Pollock,Rockling 3 and 5 bearded,Whiting,Coalfish,Sea Scorpion,ling,Flounder,Starry Smoothound.Common Smoothound,Launce,Lsd,Bull Huss,Cod
Species 2011 (21)

2012 Targets 10lb + Bass , Shad ,30+ species

For this message the author Sparks43 has received thanks:
Creep (Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:26 pm)
Sparks43
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Postby kevin o connor » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:06 pm

I know it is a bit late in the day to be asking, but does anyone know if there will be any bait avaible at the match ?
I don't fish to catch fish. I just like using the gear.
If you think I am narky now, you should hear me when I'm in bad humour.
kevin o connor
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 25 times

Postby Creep » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:30 pm

kevin o connor wrote:I know it is a bit late in the day to be asking, but does anyone know if there will be any bait avaible at the match ?

Yikees :shock: I dont know if anyone will have spare bait BUT I have some in the freezer, and I know I'm not going to get a chance to throw the lines in I've mainly razor squid, frozen lug, and a couple of peelers, I'll see what Sparkey has as well...
list 2013 (10) Ballan Wrasse, (17) Smooth Hounds (6lb, 2oz, best so far this year), (47) LSD, (2) shore Rockling, (1) Long spine scorpion, (9) flounder, (8) Dab (2)Bass (3) Mackerel (2) lance (2) Plaice (2) Pollock (1) whiting

List 2012: (83) Whitting, (2) Plaice, (20) 5 Beard Rockling, (3) Coalie, (1) 3 Beard Rockling PB 40cm, (8)Pouting, (1) poor cod, (49) LSD(PB: 3lb.2oz), (1) Shore Rockling, (2) Codling, (2) Long Spine Scorpion, (6) Pollock (25) flounder (b) (1) mackrel (1) Turbot PB19cm (10)dab (6) Smooth Hound (2) Twaite Shad, (2)Thornback Ray(PB: 4lb 5oz), (34) Mackrel (Shore), (35) Lance PB31cm, (1) pipe fish, (1)Bull Huss 3lb 150z, (1) Octopus (2)corkwing wrasse, (1) Dragonet

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby kevin o connor » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Hoping to make it up for the match, only problem is I don't have any bait. So if you could bring your frozen stuff along, I would be happy to pay you for it. I am sure there will be others there looking for bait as well. Thanks
kevin o connor
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Sparks43 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Not 100% sure but Viking tackle in bray could be open

Or Low tide is 8ish in the morning for anyone that fancies digging

Cant do much bait digging myself as i done a bit of damage to my hand yesterday otherwise i would have went out today
Species 2012 (14) Pollock,Rockling 3 and 5 bearded,Whiting,Coalfish,Sea Scorpion,ling,Flounder,Starry Smoothound.Common Smoothound,Launce,Lsd,Bull Huss,Cod
Species 2011 (21)

2012 Targets 10lb + Bass , Shad ,30+ species
Sparks43
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Postby Creep » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:35 pm

kevin o connor wrote:Hoping to make it up for the match, only problem is I don't have any bait. So if you could bring your frozen stuff along, I would be happy to pay you for it. I am sure there will be others there looking for bait as well. Thanks

Mate I'm thrilled your coming a simple donation to Temple Street will do :D oh and not forgetting to buy a raffle ticket!!! :D :D :D :D

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Right lads, and ladies THE PRIZES.... PLEASE DO NOT DROOL ON YOUR KEYBOARDS!!!
Attachments
2011A 486.JPG
2011A 486.JPG (68.13 KiB) Viewed 553 times

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:08 pm

For starters and TOP Prize Fish and Stay voucher full day fishing off the amazing Clare Dragoon in CLARE!! in May
2 other amazing boats have also donated !!! So that’s 3 full day fishing trips in May for three lucky winners!!

A Full Leed Set, comprises of Rod holdall, Large rig wallet, and Back Pack!! FROM HENRYS TACKLE!!

There’s a 10ft rod and reel plus mono From ANGLERS PARADISE
PLUS they donated Tackle for the best Costume!!! and a €30 voucher

A brilliant Okuma beachcaster pro 365 reel From GOTCHA TACKLE

A Vango Stainless Steel Flask

Bottles Of whisky and various other assortments!!

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby sparkey+1 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Kev

I will bring down what bait I have in the freezer think it could be 60 lug and give it to you in the morning if that's any help and a donation into the buckets would be all that is needed.. I know I dont have to say this to the experienced angler but it is very important that you keep YOUR MARK clean please as joe public hope fully be around and we want to give a good report of our self and our sport......

Thanks Dave
Species 2012: Flounder, Whiting, Dublin Bay Codling, Coalie, 3 Beard Rockling, Shore Rockling, Bass, Dogfish, 5.2lb Starry Smoothhound (PB), Twaite Shad, Thornback Ray 5.8lbs (PB), LSD, Pollock, Ballan Wrasse, Cork Wing Wrasse, 43cm Flounder (PB)

Species 2013: Coalie, East Coast Codling, Smoothounds, And hopefully a back opp to get back fishing soon...

For this message the author sparkey+1 has received thanks:
Creep (Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:57 pm)
sparkey+1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 267 times

Postby kevin o connor » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:02 pm

That would be great Sparky thanks. My mind has been made up, I will definitely be there. I don't have a costume but with a face like mine I won't need one. Maybe if we all bring bin bags with us, we can do a bit of a clean-up on the beach. Looking forward to it. :D
kevin o connor
SAI Bait Ball

Postby sparkey+1 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:14 pm

no worries Kevin you can have what ever you need to help you out and the bin bags have been arranged already glad that you are going to make it up should be worth the trip but most of all ENJOY the time fishing and chatting to fellow anglers......

Dave
Species 2012: Flounder, Whiting, Dublin Bay Codling, Coalie, 3 Beard Rockling, Shore Rockling, Bass, Dogfish, 5.2lb Starry Smoothhound (PB), Twaite Shad, Thornback Ray 5.8lbs (PB), LSD, Pollock, Ballan Wrasse, Cork Wing Wrasse, 43cm Flounder (PB)

Species 2013: Coalie, East Coast Codling, Smoothounds, And hopefully a back opp to get back fishing soon...
sparkey+1
SAI Megalodon!

Postby sparkey+1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Lads

A BIG BIG thank you from myself and and as I am sure Kevin for turning up and fishing the event on such a bad day and for all the tickets that all of you bought from myself and glad that all had a good day fishing and some nice prizes where won by the lucky ticket holders....

Sorry bout the rain and it was great to now be able to put a face to the name..

Once again thanks very much and here is to the next one!!!!!!!!!

Regards and tight lines

Dave

For this message the author sparkey+1 has received thanks:
Creep (Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 pm)
sparkey+1
SAI Megalodon!

Postby grady » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:12 pm

that was great event no mater what a weather like, was just great to meet new peoples learn some good tips from best casters in country couldn't be better
roll on to the next one
thank lads
Spesies 2012/ flounder, turbot, colie, whiting,thornback ray, dogfish, pollack, ballan wrasse, corcwing wrasse, dab, cod, sea trout, mackerel, smooth hound

Species 2013/ flounder

For this message the author grady has received thanks:
Creep (Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 pm)
grady
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:25 pm

As Dave said THANK YOU ALL LADS!!! Sorry about the Change of Venue to anyone who missed it But Weather AND DART were against us BUT Despite that what a Brilliant Day!!! I'll be posting what photos I have in the other thread and please feel free to post as well.......THANK YOU to ALL the sponors Your Prizes were well recieved!! A BIG THANK YOU To SPORTSCAST IRELAND Lads you played a blinder!!! People were talking about yous up and down the beach!!...As for the report.....

Well I arrived to South Beach Greystones later then I hoped for (got home from work at 4am :roll: ) and as I expected the hardcore anglers were down in force..however wind and heavy weed were against us...in fact so much so it was deemed unfishable :( and down right dangerous to fish from that venue (pictures will be displayed in the other thread in a while.) so we decided to move to "the Cove" a sheltered spot in Greystones ..I hung back in case anymore anglers turned up on the South Beach...which after 12pm none did ..even the crowd disappeared as the weather got rougher...

So I made my way to the Cove to meet up with others..and it was like meeting ol friends the beach area was covered with lads fishin. But excitement broke as flounders started to arrive... and the youngest started to show us ol timers hows it done with a cracker of a specimen flounder over 45cm lenght :shock: despite weather conditions being against us over 600 raffloe tickets were sold by Dave... Mate Well done!!! But more importantly WELL DONE EVERYONE!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND MONEY.. well the weather started to come in with rain and I had organised we hold the raffle in the Beach House Pub in Greystones if the weather got any worse... BIG THANK YOU TO TERRY THE MANAGER THERE!!! And everyone got a prize of something again thank you to all the sponors!!

In Closing I have to thank several people etc... First and formost Sea Angling Ireland for letting us post daily about this fundraiser, ALL the sponors, Temple Street fundraising team for all their hard work, Dave Sparkey+1 who has been my right hand man and was available at the beckon call without question!! My Family for thier love and understanding through what at times was really stressfull project with a short time scale, Bray Garda Station for fast fowarding Permits and other legal work, to people despite weather conditions, and lack of public transport who still managed to get out and fish AND support Temple Street Childrens Hospital..Paddy Cunnigham, for letting us re-raffle the TWO boat prizes he won!!!I still would have loved to see Paddy pendulum cast from a boat!! Paddy can you do the lotto for me tonight mate!??!?!
As I sit and write this I still cant believe its done..where did the time go??? To everyone that has helped out over the last few weeks with ideas, calls of support, offers and those who have quietly worked away in the back ground without seeking anythig in return, this has truly been the most memrable project I have worked on in years... And we are already talking about the one for next year!! :D bunch of die hards!!!

ANYWAYS... those who turned out and fished in the horrbile conditions that were thrown at us today to them i say... You can hold your head up high and shout out .... I AM A MAD HADDOCK!!
Well done ALL
Tight lines Forever and see you next year! if not before on some beach mark...
Kev (aka Creep)

For this message the author Creep has received thanks: 3
davybrown99 (Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:46 am), roryodonnell (Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 pm), tight lines (Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 am)
Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby kevin o connor » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks to Creep for organizing the day, and Dave for providing my bait. I enjoyed it, and it was nice to think that the hospital was benefiting from the day. As usual I blanked but I was standing near someone who caught. Lol. Prizes were great and I am already looking forward to my boat trip. I hope this is just the first of days like this . Maybe the weather gods will smile on us for the next one.

For this message the author kevin o connor has received thanks:
Creep (Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 pm)
kevin o connor
SAI Bait Ball

Postby grady » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:56 pm

few pics
Attachments
sam0019p.jpg
sam0019p.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 308 times
sam0020.jpg
sam0020.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 310 times
sam0021u.jpg
sam0021u.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 308 times
sam0030k.jpg
sam0030k.jpg (41.03 KiB) Viewed 308 times
sam0032w.jpg
sam0032w.jpg (52.25 KiB) Viewed 309 times

Species 2013/ flounder

For this message the author grady has received thanks:
Creep (Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:30 pm)
grady
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Right Lads figure in for this fundraiser
Dont forget weather was against us
DART wasnt running due to flooding
Shortage of buses running to Greystones
and this dosent count the Credit card donations which are still out at the moment

TOTAL €790.81

and Temple Street said they are looking forward to rolling it out National next Year!!! WELL DONE ALL!!! WOOP WOOP

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

PreviousNext

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions