Re: An idea thats been hurtin my head!!!

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Great Poster Kev m8 really looks the part will be bringing it down to local tackle shop in the morning and see what they can do for donations...spend a lot of money there so should get something....

Great the permits are in put me down for one asap buddy, Have you heard anything about the charter boats yet and maybe what they can do for us..... I see you posted it in the boating section well that should get some replies.... Come on lads if anybody knows a skipper will they get in touch with him and ask could he do anything for us..... What a prize that would be a half/full day maybe at reduced rates on the high seas....

Kev when it gets closer to the date maybe post and ask if we can get some idea of how many might be coming along what you thing.....

Dave

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:43 pm

NEW UPDATED POSTER!!! Copy Paste in word Print down Pin up in any shops ps...if any shops still want to donate PM ME!!! :D PLEASE!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

An idea thats been hurtin my head!!!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Kevin just a shout out the poster but it doesn't say how much it is to fish or how the money is to be raised.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks mate, I'll see what I can do ;)
right we are workin on a new poster due to all the information that has to be put on also a press release is being done up today!!! AND I have a couple of really great prizes for the raffle up for grabs BUT you can only buy raffle tickets on the day!!! meaning ya have to come out and fish!!! :D awwwww :D :D :D

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Mate left that poster into local tackle shop as I had to resupply after all the tackle lose last night.... Said he will donate a spot prize for the day out and I told him, that the shop will be mentioned..

Hope that help you

Dave

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Excellent Lads, Sorry for the delay on the uptodate poster as well things got lost in emails ect BUT I HAVE SOME SERIOUS SUPRISES FOR YOU ALL SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR FURTHER INFORMATION!!!!!! Just waiting on an email and hitting the media today!! Ps.. you will all need to sit down with some of the great offers I have with the Raffle sadly prizes will be drawn on the day as will the raffle tickets so you will have to be there!! The logoistics in trying to do it national at this late stage is a bit over whelming as you can understand :( However as said earlier if this is a success Temple Street will help me run it on a national lvl for next year, AND we'll recruit more people to help with the organisation of it. Back later with the update at 6pm ;)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Looks like a great day out, looking forward to coming along with a few of the other Sports cast Ireland lads and supporting a very worthy cause.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Yep thats a taster!! :D looking forward to seeing you lads!!! 6pm NEWS COMING UP!! (its hard biting the tongue!!!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Well… Prizes are as follows….

• A wonderful full days fishing trip on the Clare Dragoon, from Fish & Stay from Clare
• A wonderful sea trip fishing day from Dun Laoghaire
• Henrys Tackle Shop wonder prizes ( http://www.henrystackleshop.com/ )
• Anglers Paradise 10ft rod and reel
• Gotcha Angling (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gotcha-An ... 4272460935)
• €50 Voucher for Fintastics Aquatics ( http://www.fintasticaquatics.ie/ )

Also A HUGE mention to Sport Cast Ireland who will be giving Cast demonstrations AND general fishing advice to beginners to experts!!

Personally I would like to THANK EVERYONE for their generosity, it truly is amazing!

Still we need to raise some serious cash if we want to help Temple Street buy a life saving machine so please try and raise at least €20 from friends and family tell them what is going on and if they want to come, also for anyone fishing, please be aware there may be complete beginners and children about so take care casting, and help each other out please.
Also the raffle will be held at the end of the day... and after that a BIG beach Clean up!! I want all fishing rubbish picked up please....please keep your marks tidy ... furthermore HAVE FUN!!!!! and PLEASE PLEASE ENJOY THE DAY!!!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:15 pm

The Boat trips do have conditions attached to them BUT are valid... first the Boat trips will be available in May (safer and more stable weather conditions in May), for THE winner/s only, arrangements between the winner/s and the Boats Owner to be sorted privately. trips out on the Clare Dragoon are for MID- WEEK ONLY!!! Mon-FRI

Just to confirm that the prize is for a day’s sea fishing charter on my boat the Clare Dragoon week days by arrangement. With the trip to take place next May.
I will be as flexible as I can with the dates but it is important that the prize winner gets in touch early.

It might sound harsh but its all easy, just to ring up with the voucher I would like to go out sometime around these dates and see which one suites

ONE LAST THING.........THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!! wish I was going!!!! :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:21 pm

PRINT THIS OFF put it on the back of your car, local tackle shop, Hair dressers, barber shops, ANYWHERE!!! LAST WEEK to get the word out!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:08 pm

Right Lads need your help ONCE again... I've issued a press release (if they cover it that will be another thing?) :roll: Hopefully they will... BUT if you hear about this ...reply to me let me know where radio stations ... newspapers etc... thanks I just want to make sure the word is getting out

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:48 pm

I will drop down to give you a hand if you would like

Not going to fish myself so i will be able to help out any novices

This is a great idea and fair play

Temple St has helped my 8 year old so much over the years and it is nice to give something back

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:37 pm

just think this is a great idea.if any of the mayo,galway or sligo lads are intersested we can hold this.im home this weekend and would love to hold a local one.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 pm

well im seriosly thinking to make it would bring my wee son but he is only 2,5 years old, may will take another guy with me due to he's driving diesel car and could be cheaper aswell, as there is long jorney from monaghan :mrgreen:
another thing i would need directions which i could put on sat nav due to i never been that way
thanks
grady

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:29 pm

grady wrote:well im seriosly thinking to make it would bring my wee son but he is only 2,5 years old, may will take another guy with me due to he's driving diesel car and could be cheaper aswell, as there is long jorney from monaghan :mrgreen:
another thing i would need directions which i could put on sat nav due to i never been that way
thanks
grady

easy enough via sat nav, just type in Greystones and it should take you all the way into the town, take the road to the harbour and follow the small twisty road around (the sea will be on your left) as you come around the last corner you will see the Dart Station in front and theres a car park to the left.. park in there and its a very short walk down to the beach Hopefully you'll see alot of people dressed up fishing :D Also theres a fancy electronic toilet (cost 20c) Damn thing talks alot though!!! and theres a fresh water tap to the side of that. ;)

Im trying to impress upon everyone going this is not a competion so theres no need to fire out casting, take your time, be aware of kids and beginners around you, and TALK TO PEOPLE! :D MOST IMPORTANTLY.........ENJOY THE DAY!!! :D

Also those that can take the DART please do so... as I cant promise parking spaces, also the DART runs along some fine coast lines which will only get you more excited!! :D

Warning to those dressing up as crabs, its not my fault if someone tries to wrap Bait elastic around you and cast you out :D :D :D

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 pm

thats cool great idie im think im 95 per cent in just have to look for some mask and a bit of bait lol

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:57 pm

oh, sure and some cach for donation

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Well done Grady

You should enjoy the day and thanks for making the effort of traveling all the way down. We have been doing a lot of work on this so as far as the day goes ENJOY.... and hope the weed clears up!!!!!!!

Dave :lol:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Looks like the dart line is going to be closed from Grand canal to Sydney Parade :cry:

I will find out alternatives and post them up later