An idea thats been hurtin my head!!!

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Re: An idea thats been hurtin my head!!!

Postby Creep » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Right finally Got out to various beaches, and decided Greystones South beach is a definite goer (thanks lads for the various suggestions!!well done!)

So Heres the details:

Temple Street Children’s Hospital, Mad Haddocks Ghost and Ghouls Angling Party,

When: October 31st (Halloween, Bank Holiday Monday)
Time: 11am-2pm
Where: Greystones South Beach

Come on and enjoy the fun, Dress up an go fishing in your best Fishiest or Ghouliest Outfits, doesn’t matter if your a novice, or an expert as long as the fun is there!!!

Sponorship cards etc:
Waiting to hear back from Temple street regarding sponsorship cards etc, once I hear back probably Monday I'll let ya's know what is what as you already know I have roped in a friend and she is actively trying to get a few things off the ground (surprises) and I have roped in another friend whose talents lie with PR media.
If anyone wants to help out and run one in Cork, Waterford, Clare, Galway, all the better!! (just PM me and let me know, also post details here when and where as there are ALOT of people willing to go!!) as at present I’m trying to sort out permits for collection buckets and all the rest of it... be in touch soon with more stuff I hope!!!

Also does the Mods etc have any problem with me directing people to this website for further info etc?
And If you have a Sea Angling Ireland banner which we can put up near the steps to point people in the right direction (if you dont i can easily print up arrow signs showing them the way ;) )
list 2013 (10) Ballan Wrasse, (17) Smooth Hounds (6lb, 2oz, best so far this year), (47) LSD, (2) shore Rockling, (1) Long spine scorpion, (9) flounder, (8) Dab (2)Bass (3) Mackerel (2) lance (2) Plaice (2) Pollock (1) whiting

List 2012: (83) Whitting, (2) Plaice, (20) 5 Beard Rockling, (3) Coalie, (1) 3 Beard Rockling PB 40cm, (8)Pouting, (1) poor cod, (49) LSD(PB: 3lb.2oz), (1) Shore Rockling, (2) Codling, (2) Long Spine Scorpion, (6) Pollock (25) flounder (b) (1) mackrel (1) Turbot PB19cm (10)dab (6) Smooth Hound (2) Twaite Shad, (2)Thornback Ray(PB: 4lb 5oz), (34) Mackrel (Shore), (35) Lance PB31cm, (1) pipe fish, (1)Bull Huss 3lb 150z, (1) Octopus (2)corkwing wrasse, (1) Dragonet

List 2011: 16 species (267 fish caught)

Reel Anglers Don’t Litter
Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Postby Creep » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Temple Street Children’s Hospital, Mad Haddocks Ghost and Ghouls Angling Party,

Come on and enjoy the fun, Dress up an go fishing in your best Fishiest or Ghouliest Outfits, doesn’t matter if your a novice, or an expert as long as the fun is there!!!

Ok Lads was in touch with Temple Street again they have a link to this thread !! :D And I NEED YOUR INPUT urgently Right to do sponorship cards Would mean I'd need to get your addresses, and this being a public/private forum I dont think that would fly, though i do think that sponorship forms are the best way to raise funds!! Temple Street wouldnt be in a position to issue sponorship forms individually as it would just get crazy!! So what Sarah suggested is we have one person in Dublin and whoever else wants to help out in the Country issued the main card. which means if 20 cards go out and 19 are returned its up to the person holding the main card to chase up the missing ones, (which isnt a big problem as I've done it before)
So to the site admins what would be your response to sponorships cards or has anyone else any ideas, as I want to keep peoples private lives (addresses etc) private!

Sarah is busy getting me an Authorization form which means I'd be able to approach stores/shops etc for possible donations should arrive by email and have it sorted and signed asap.
As ya's already know I have roped in people and they are on the ball workin away in the background collecting phone numbers etc, so I expect to be busy in the next day or two to make this idea fly... and the only way it will fly is with your help!!
Almost forgot this Halloween fishin Party will be linked with a Fundraiser which Temple Street are doing themselves SO ITS VERY IMPORTANT!!! It will be shortly posted on Temple Streets Facebook Pg as well!! So theres going to be alot of interest in it!!
Theres lots of goals to set ourselves and have a look at the equipment( http://www.templestreet.ie/index.php/ou ... -wish-list ) they need, if we can raise ANY funds to help purchase one of these machines we WILL be saving childrens lives!!
UPDATE Right lads I have the aurthorization its Official....its on.... regarding sponorships i think its fair if each and everyone of you raise as much as you can yourselves, hit family ,friends, let them know whats going on and what you'll be doing!! as Im tryin to make this a Big fundraiser.. we'll have buckets on the day for people to throw in a few notes (NOT PEELER CRABS!!!) and Im busy trying to get donations for a raffle and a few other treats, I will be in touch with more info as it comes in till then.. Your job ... is to dust off the Halloween costumes, get your rigs, traces, baits all sorted and get out there and get a few bob for Temple Street!!! If theres one fishin trip you plan this year make sure its this one!! Last time I was on Greystones I was hooking into whitting, during the night hooked into a nice doggie as well so there are fish around....On the day as im not sure about how many are turning up, just be aware when your casting play it safe as there might be kids about and novices. anybody on the day thats available to teach novices how to fish, rig up, set rods etc.. please pm me when you can, as I will need some people helping out on the day! Again thanks for the replies and the PMs!!
list 2013 (10) Ballan Wrasse, (17) Smooth Hounds (6lb, 2oz, best so far this year), (47) LSD, (2) shore Rockling, (1) Long spine scorpion, (9) flounder, (8) Dab (2)Bass (3) Mackerel (2) lance (2) Plaice (2) Pollock (1) whiting

List 2012: (83) Whitting, (2) Plaice, (20) 5 Beard Rockling, (3) Coalie, (1) 3 Beard Rockling PB 40cm, (8)Pouting, (1) poor cod, (49) LSD(PB: 3lb.2oz), (1) Shore Rockling, (2) Codling, (2) Long Spine Scorpion, (6) Pollock (25) flounder (b) (1) mackrel (1) Turbot PB19cm (10)dab (6) Smooth Hound (2) Twaite Shad, (2)Thornback Ray(PB: 4lb 5oz), (34) Mackrel (Shore), (35) Lance PB31cm, (1) pipe fish, (1)Bull Huss 3lb 150z, (1) Octopus (2)corkwing wrasse, (1) Dragonet

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby dave18 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 am

Grate idea 8)

For this message the author dave18 has received thanks:
Creep (Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 am)
dave18
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 21 times

Postby Labyrinthfish » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Theres probobly alot of anglers who would like to donate to this.. but will be unable to..
You should set up a Paypal account for online donations.

For this message the author Labyrinthfish has received thanks:
Labyrinthfish
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 41 times

Postby Creep » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Will do, I'll mention that to Sarah of Temple Street as all funds raised will go directly there and they'll have an donate option button, but before ppl donate I want to see if we can set-up a direct thing with them as we know how much the Mad Haddocks fishin Party raises, that way when its all done and dusted we can sit back and raise a glass (or coffee as the case maybe) :D

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Fionnbarrsfish » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Will probably be there, sounds like a great idea and its only a minutes walk from me so all the better :)
You'll catch nothing but a cold here.

For this message the author Fionnbarrsfish has received thanks:
Fionnbarrsfish
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby ekfish » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm in Greystones myself sounds like a bitta crack... great thinking :D

For this message the author ekfish has received thanks:
Creep (Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 am)
ekfish
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times
Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby jd » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:46 pm

It might be worthwhile posting on the angling forum on boards.ie
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Creep wrote:Temple Street Children’s Hospital, Mad Haddocks Ghost and Ghouls Angling Party,

For this message the author jd has received thanks:
jd
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 526 times
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Creep » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Perfect JD, work away, (I got banned from that site years back for advertising a gig, so the admins said, it wasnt, it was a trad session trying to get off the ground for other musicians in the local area, as a cultural event!! even had the backing of the council!!!) Havent bothered with that site ever since, as there was no appeal section to be had, unless you grovel at thier almighty feet, and I don't do grovelling :D

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby stevecrow74 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:44 pm

put it up as a facebook event too, so it can go viral around all the anglers, i'm sure all the clubs would share the event, whick will get it seen by hundreds if not thousands of people!

just follow this link to create one if your not sure how, https://www.facebook.com/events/create/
[url=http://galwaybuccaneerssac.com/]Galway Buccaneers SAC[/url]
[i][color=red]St Juniper once said; 'By his loins shall ye know him, and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.'[/i]

For this message the author stevecrow74 has received thanks:
stevecrow74
Scomber Doorman

Have thanks: 58 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby lanky » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 pm

alright mate great idea count me in . il be borat ha ha over my waders . how can we get sponcer cards and get started raising money ?

For this message the author lanky has received thanks:
Creep (Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:15 am)
lanky
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby sparkey+1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Lads, I was talking to Creep this evening and we were bouncing ideas of each other, the one thing that kept raising its head was the fact of sponsorship cards.....

Well Temple St dont do the cards and as the site and forum is a private forum and we dont want to be to evasive about who is who.... what we suggest is the following so if you can just follow and see what all of you think and any input welcomed.

The way around raising monies for the hospital could go something like this but as expected LADS its been done on trustfulness and honesty we will leave it up to the person to raise there own monies by letting friends, family etc, know that you are trying to raise money for Temple St and if we could all achieve lets say €20 each ( or what ever is possible as it all for a good cause ) and bring it along on the day or if an account is set up maybe lodge it there and keep the lodgement slip...

Hope that is OK with you lot as maybe to much time would be involved by us chasing up any cards that where not handed back..... if we had then but we dont

We hope to run a raffle ( hitting tackle shops tomorrow for donations!! ) and have spot prizes for the best outfit which will be posted on the site and let all of you decide which one is the best or funniest, scariest,etc.

All pics will be posted.

One more think that I suggested would be to ask any Charter boats or even any of the lads in the boat section if they would be willing to donate to the prizes by giving a half/full day charter to a couple of angles even at a good reduced price.....

If so PM Crepp or myself.

Cheers Lads

Dave
Species 2012: Flounder, Whiting, Dublin Bay Codling, Coalie, 3 Beard Rockling, Shore Rockling, Bass, Dogfish, 5.2lb Starry Smoothhound (PB), Twaite Shad, Thornback Ray 5.8lbs (PB), LSD, Pollock, Ballan Wrasse, Cork Wing Wrasse, 43cm Flounder (PB)

Species 2013: Coalie, East Coast Codling, Smoothounds, And hopefully a back opp to get back fishing soon...

For this message the author sparkey+1 has received thanks:
Creep (Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:18 am)
sparkey+1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 267 times

Postby Creep » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:14 am

Hey Up, finally back :roll: :D Anyways as Dave said
The way around raising monies for the hospital could go something like this but as expected LADS its been done on trustfulness and honesty we will leave it up to the person to raise there own monies by letting friends, family etc, know that you are trying to raise money for Temple St and if we could all achieve lets say €20 each ( or what ever is possible as it all for a good cause ) and bring it along on the day
It is illegal to set up a bank account outside of the charity, however I’m working with Temple Street and we'll have a direct Donate to temple street soon (I’m trying to keep track of how much this event raises that way we can all give ourselves a BIG ol clap on the back!! , also Brilliant idea about Facebook and I have a friend that will sort that out with graphics and all, so do stay tuned!!

Another thing I have noticed in the last day or two is the amount of people talking about this event!! It’s brilliant, I've had people coming up to me asking if I was going to take part :D so lads KEEP SPREADING THE WORD!!! WELL DONE TO YOU ALL!!!

Again this event is being run WITH Temple Streets Trick Or Treat appeal, their biggest fundraising event of the year for them, and it’s an honour to be involved with them, and all you guys that are willing to help out! a BIG THANK YOU to you all!! Again Temple Street cant issue sponsorship cards due to the fact this is their busiest event going, and its all hands on deck, they just haven’t got the man power to chase up sponsor cards or trying to keep track, I’m in constant touch with the fundraising team (a brilliant bunch!!!, and they themselves are keeping track of this thread)
As Dave put it We Are looking into running a raffle on the day with a few great prizes and I’m spending most of the time chasing things up now (hence why I have Sparkey+1 to keep an eye on things here, any questions, ideas, or donations, he'll let me know if I'm not around and I will be in touch ASAP!)

In a short while I’ll be pushing this to the media, any shops, charter boats, willing to donate will be mentioned not only here but also on the posters, (unless asked not to, of course we will respect all donations and donors) on the day we’ll also have raffle tickets for the said donated prizes (still have to wait and see what comes in!!) and of course we’ll do something for the best outfit!
For those dressing as Borats, remember there will be kids around and we dont want to scare them!!! :lol:

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 am

Oh by the way Im excluding myself in the raffle :D theres gonna be No Fr. Ted carry on ere :D (...remember the car he tried to raffle!!! :lol: )

Well done again for getting this far and if we can do well this year then maybe we can roll it out nationwide for next year!
Kind regards,
Sarah-Jane

Oh by the way lads the Temple Street Fundraising Team said to Say HI AND THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Some seriously grateful offers have been made in the past hour and HUGE thank you and please keep them coming, remember an funds raised are going directly to Temple Street, theres an earlier post about thier wishlist please view it as any donations that can be raised WILL go to securing one of these life saving machines!!! I'll be making a post tomorrow regarding some of the great offers, fingers are still crossed for a charter boat donation 1/2 day trip or anything along that lines :wink: Pm me with any offers!!!

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Holla1974 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Will not be able to make it to the event you are holding but would still like to donate. Send me details as to how I can make a contribution as I am sure there are many more like me out there who will not be able to attend but would still like to donate a few euro. By the way full credit is due to you for what you are doing so good luck with it.

For this message the author Holla1974 has received thanks:
Creep (Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:42 am)
Holla1974
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 9 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby CIANDOWNEY » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Great cause, 4 of us that go fishing have all small kids, and would be delighted to go!!!!!!!! so book 4 of us in, should be a bit of crack :lol:

For this message the author CIANDOWNEY has received thanks:
Creep (Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:41 am)
CIANDOWNEY
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby Creep » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:12 am

I will setup up the donate button asap, have to go to a funeral today :( but when I get back will have it sorted ;) promise

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:34 am

Well after a BUSY day yesterday finally got around to doing several things, I had a meeting with Bray Garda station in hope they will fast forward the permit needed to collect with buckets on a beach. Bring your own buckets for CRABS!!!! :D

BUT First as Promised:

https://www.templestreet.ie/index.php/g ... ved/donate

This is the direct link to the Temple Street Children’s donate button in comments mark it as FISH that way we'll be able to keep track of how much this event has raised, You can add more comments if you wish after that ;)
(I have had a recent email from Temple Street fundraising team as follows: "Well done again for getting this far and if we can do well this year then maybe we can roll it out nationwide for next year!
Kind regards,
Sarah-Jane" )

Now as for the surprises,

On the day I'll be doing a raffle, and Henrys Tackle Shop has promised a prize,
further more donations have to be checked out as of yet, but there are some GREAT offers in the pipe line!!

Some of the crew from Sportcast Ireland will be attending on the day to give advice on casting and fishing etc. there will be an area marked off on the beach for casting instruction, Well worth coming along to see these guys cast and learn from them!!!! So a definite big THANK YOU Lads!!!! OH AND DONT FORGET THERE WILL BE A BUCKET FOR DONATIONS NEXT TO THEM!!! SO BRING THAT CHANGE YOU HAVE LYING IN THE BOTTOM OF THAT DRAWER!!! (there will be buckets dotted around the place as well ;) ) just on a side note about Sportcast Ireland I'm going to have to get you guys to sign one of my rods as your in one of my fishing magazines now!!!! :D

Offers of help have been pouring in which I will use, so here is how you guys can help in making this a GREAT DAY!!!
Wishlist:
Im lookin for a charter boat (still) to either donate a day, 1/2 day, or reduced fee for a raffle prize

Any shops interested in donating any further prizes please PM asap me with contact name, and phone numbers

I’ll be doing up a poster this weekend with full details etc, and posting it here for you guys to print down and put it up in local areas (I just cant be everywhere at the same time these days )

Anyone wishing to show how to tie traces rigs etc, please contact me

Next week I’ll be hitting the Media so I hope you hear of this great event (please let me know if you do)

And the Facebook event page is nearly ready and looks GREAT!!!

TIGHT LINES ALL!!! :D

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 am

Hi Lads heres the Face book pg ..if ya have facebook, please join up and help spread the word........

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=249225275130199

Also lads anybody wishing to print down a poster and stick it up in a local shop here ya go!!!
Attachments
307376_2513318034992_1314415700_2925207_1927766842_n.jpg
307376_2513318034992_1314415700_2925207_1927766842_n.jpg (142.35 KiB) Viewed 449 times

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Creep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 pm

If anybody has more ideas keep them coming PLEASE!!! :D you lads have done really really well!!! WOOP WOOP!!!

Further good news is the collection permit was issued this morning..... so hands up who wants a bucket near them when they fish ...downside is collectors can not dress up (seemingly issued on the permit :( ) Though I am workin on away around this issue.., as I am not to be drawn into any raffle or prizes, and dont see why anybody else should forego a chance of winning something cool.

Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

PreviousNext

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions