Phone numbers

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 pm

I was wading out yesterday and got slapped by a wave and a lump of water jumped into my front pocket of my smock which funnily enough contained my phone. Phone now makes sizziling when plugged in and won`t turn on. All my numbers were on my phone since I changed sim card a few years back and forgot to save them back from the phone so I have no numbers. I`ve lost a fair few forum members numbers so if you want me to have your number text me or pm/email it on and if you don`t want to remain in contact its a perfect time to stay stum :lol:

Donagh

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:47 pm

chance the nokia repair centre on catherine street in limerick...water damage is usually a fairly straightfoward thing to fix and it shouldnt cost you too much!!

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 pm

There was some interesting stuff on Yahoo! last week about water damage and mobiles and how to rescue them. Try a search and it should help. Key point being not to turn it on again until its fully dried out and to remove battery ASAP. Batteries are usually the first things affected by water damage so once your phone is dry, try turning it on with just the charger connected.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks lads. The phone is a good few years old and was bit knackered. It was probably the fact the rubber sides had peeled off that a such small amount of water got in and caused such damage. I was going to change it anyway and got an upgrade today. The only thing is losing the numbers. I should of saved them to the sim as I had until a couple of years back until my sim card was changed.

Donagh

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:22 pm

happens to more than you would think. happened to 3 of us in the same comp in lahinch last summer :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: between breaks, water and losses i managed to go through 5 fones last year... never lost or broke one before that....... just not my year..... touch wood this year wil be a bit better :wink: :wink:

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:54 pm

fresh water in a phone can be repairable.. sea water on the other hand is a different story...

if it does drop into the sea, immediately remove the battery and rinse in fresh water.. salt water quickly corrodes the small circuits and wires extremely fast and i'm talking minutes if the battery is still connected even if the phone is turned off there is still power going through the circuits..

i have a nokia N91 which works grand to the point of it wont recognise any sim cards put into it, so its useless as a phone.. satnav, games,wifi, divx player and everything else works fine though