Spring Newsletter from SEAi

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:36 pm

I received the following from Jim of http://www.bassfishing.ie , worth a read.
The sunny weather of late has us all thinking of the exciting days ahead this spring and summer.
I’m already hearing stories of gear been dusted off and as flies and lures are checked
for rust, hooks changed, lines felt for cuts and abrasions, I believe some of us have already
cast a line or two. Here at SEAi it’s always a busy time during Spring. There are trade shows
to visit in Europe, the final re-writes to my bass fishing notes need to be completed and the
continued improvements to the service are always at hand. Customers from around Europe
have already booked a considerable number of days this summer and I am delighted to see
so many Irish customers booking days too, in fact looking at the calendar its already going to
be a busy season.
Over the winter months SEAi has continued to develop its fishery by working hard at locating
some excellent pike fishing I hope to add this to my growing inventory of species that are on
offer to the angler who wishes to be guided for these BIG PREDATORS. We can have great
fun on both fly and lure during the 2009 Autumn and Winter season.
A big congratulations to Dermot O Malley from Co.Clare on his winning a days guided
sportfishing on the Wexford coast with SEAi. The draw for the prize was hosted kindly by SAI
in aid of the RNLI .Dermot has taken full opportunity of his prize and will stay in Wexford for
the weekend—lets hope the fish are co-operating!
The inventory in my shop is growing slowly and as I add items and I hope to bring the service
online during Spring of 2008. For the fly and lure fishing enthusiast I will be offering modern
equipment that is only now available in Ireland for the first time.
At the SEAi sportfishing resource I will stock an exclusive range of quality saltwater lures,
lure rods, reels, flies, lines and all the accessories needed for today's sport fisher. You can be
guaranteed of good advice in Irish saltwater lure or fly fishing as I have learned through my
guiding business over the past six years what can mean success and enjoyment for the progressive
sportfisher. I have proven this world class gear over many years for lots of species
like bass, seatrout, mullet, and pollack. Amongst the range are Lucky Craft, Smith, Ultimate,
Orion, Rio, Bloke, Rod Tye, FlyH2O, Vision, Danielsson, Aquatecfishing, whilst some items
may seem a little pricey quality is definitely assured.
The Spring bass fishing school filled up rather quickly as did the Autumn date. There are still
some places available on the mid summer weekend however. I look forward to this new and
interesting departure for SEAi.
I am delighted to continue working with Irish Angler magazine and in the late spring editions
you will find some articles on Advanced Saltwater Lure fishing. This will include surface
fishing techniques, jerk baits, techniques for soft lures and a some details into modern lure
technology. As a person working in the angling field in this country I am only too happy to
portray the fact that we in Ireland still have a viable saltwater fishery. The fishery remains
underdeveloped at the moment but it could bring a large number of saltwater sports
fishermen to this country if it was promoted, protected and managed properly. The vehicle of
Irish Angler allows me to best demonstrate through photography the fantastic coastline and
wonderful fish that are available to us and the any of our visiting anglers.
Looking forward to the summer of 2008 and the challenges ahead—
Jim Hendrick
For all fly and lure fishing SEAi~
Enthusiasts
Jim Hendrick
spring newsletter