THE WEATHER. 3 SEASONS OR 4 ?

Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm

So according to the head gardener at kew gardens we are now a 3 seasons world as the plants that should die off each year, dont and those that should not come up until spring are now coming up and christmas time...

wHats your opinion, are we a 3 season or 4 season...has winter really gone for good?

my opinion..we are a 3 season...and im sticking to that until we have an ice age...lol

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:36 pm

defo 3 maybe 2 seasons, i had tomatos growin out my back till nov, and not in a glass house, i hav summer flowers dat are starting 2 bloom.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:39 pm

well its summer weather outside at the moment.. pity there is no heat in it though..

but dont forget there are some days which see all the seasons in one day(or is that just a west coast thing)

Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:52 pm

first wrasse yesterday for me ,this is more than a month and half before I would normally even try for them ,just thought with the settled spell it could be worth a chuck :lol:

Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:35 am

daffodils were pushing up at the end of november last year at home!!!

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:39 am

I had a male Bass 3 weeks ago that was full of milt and yesterday I had a 2.5 lb Pollock when fishing a rock mark that would normally produce numbers of Pollock from mid March.The first few Pollock would be in poor condition but this one was stuffed with shore rockling and was well filled out.I also had a 2.75lb Spider Crab another unusual catch for this time of year.